Summary of Authority and Responsibility
Investigates, estimates, evaluates, negotiates and reports property and casualty claims, involving work both inside and outside the office.
Managed by the Branch Manager, or in the absence of a Branch Manager, the District Manager.
College bachelor's degree or equivalent preferred; prior property and casualty claims adjusting experience required; valid driver's license and reliable transportation required; evidence of current adjuster licensure or clear plan to achieve licensure within 90 days of employment required; demonstrated oral and written communication, problem analysis, planning and organizational skills required.
Location and Equipment
Inside and outside environment. Must be able to drive an automobile; operate a digital camera or smartphone for digital photos, calculator and digital recorder.
Contact with Others
Inside contact with Branch Manager, other adjusters, and clerical workers. Outside contact with clients, policyholders, claimants, tradespersons and attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Handle field activities outside the office including gathering evidence, taking statements, preparing diagrams and making photographs.
- Prepare timely, clear and concise reports to clients in the client's preferred report format.
- Communicate as needed with the client to ensure the assignment is being completed accurately and the client's needs are being met.
- Analyze and evaluate special damages including auto estimates, property estimates, personal property inventories, medical bills, lost wage statements and medical reports.
- Prepare estimates, inventories and summaries of special damages as needed.
- Negotiate and conclude claims.
- Analyze insurance coverage issues on specific claims and make recommendations to the client.
- Participate in marketing activities as required.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as assigned by Branch Manager.
As with all positions, this function will be performed by a qualified person. No form of improper discrimination will be used as a job qualification.
Adjusters are required to participate in an on-call rotation within the office as directed by management.