Senior Life Underwriter
About the Role
Join a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. Top insurance carrier seeks a Life Underwriting professional for this remote role.
The Senior Life Underwriter is responsible for evaluating life insurance applications and determining whether applications should be approved, declined, or if additional information is required. Synthesizing the mortality risk of medical labs and family history or discounting the mortality risks of highly correlated factors such as motor vehicle reports and avocations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Classify the mortality risk for proposed insureds based on both medical and nonmedical information
- Communicate by phone directly with agents and Underwriting Office personnel, as well as provide written updates regarding application status, additional requirements needed, Reinsurance offer details and requirements, reconsideration questions, appeal requests, and the final underwriting decision and associated reason(s)
- Participate in projects such as training initiatives, workflow and systems improvements, Best Practices meetings, etc.
- Handle referrals from Associate Underwriters for substandard and decline cases
Skills & Experience
- 3+ years of Life Underwriting experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical terminology and awareness of how various medical impairments interact and affect individual mortality risk
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Currently have $1 to $2 million approval authority
$80k to $85k + 7.5% bonus target
Apply for Senior Life Underwriter
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly