Claim Design Director-Business Insurance
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.
The Allstate Business Insurance (ABI) Claim Design Director-level leadership role is responsible for organizing and directing the activities of the assigned Home Office function and field discipline area to assist in their objectives of outperforming the competition in customer service, severity and expense ratios, and to support the Company's growth goals. ABI Claim Design Director is responsible for developing claims strategy, administering quality and change management initiatives, and overseeing projects and initiatives that assist line management / field leadership in establishing and outperforming their strategic goals and objectives. ABI Claim Design Director leverages in-depth subject matter expertise and external industry relationships and business acumen to provide advanced guidance and support in areas of enterprise-wide functional strategy, claims policies, practices and procedures, employee development and training, and claim mechanization.Key Responsibilities
- Creates strategies and/or solutions that enhance the Claims ability to deliver services to clients by partnering with field leadership within assigned discipline area to establish and achieve company goals and objectives
- Advises and counsels line management / field leadership on analysis of trends, alternatives and risk factors of changing claim environments by state and territory and mechanized claim systems, and recommends programmatic and system changes to address company growth and profit projections
- Oversees and advises on the preparation and design of cost/benefit and feasibility analyses, and identifies, reviews, and clarifies the need for new or modified systems, programs, policies or procedures
- Design and present strategic summaries of analysis and recommendations tailored to specific audience(s).
- Functions as an advanced resource to both claims and brand distribution management staff in evaluating the effectiveness of overall claim results and reviews customer satisfaction results; develops and directs business unit action plans
- Development and execution of Claims efficiency agenda including, but not limited to, initiatives outlined in the Claims Strategic Business Plan.
- Oversees the analysis of enacted laws and regulations and defines, develops and communicates appropriate processes and procedures for field compliance
- Defines and establishes functional budgets, operational plans, and performance requirements
- Influences, leads and participates in strategy sessions, idea generation and feedback sessions and responsible for aggressive but attainable long-range objectives in assigned area of responsibility
- Ensures and enables staff to maintain a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
Education and Experience
- 12 or more years of related commercial claim experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience; May also have advanced degree
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on efficency with internal or external customers
- Possesses highly advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, regulation, claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies highly advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Demonstrates highly advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Uses highly advanced negotiation or arbitration skills, conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing customer relationships and to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Applies highly advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.