Manager Engineering- BL Products Tech
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
In this role you will lead, coach, serve, and develop scrum masters and engineers that are part of an agile release train supporting GRM US Business Lines product development. Additionally, you will be accountable for the Stability, Security, and Reliability of the systems and applications built by the teams.
Employee professional development and leadership in partnership with other aligned managers for teams within their agile release trains and transformation journey are also part of the role. This manager reports into the SR Director.
- Initiates and fosters collaborative partnerships with other aligned managers, senior scrum masters, and business partners to serve agile delivery teams; develops relationships that support increasing efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinates and delivers performance reviews and drives professional development; Facilitates or provides mentoring experiences.
- Deals effectively with performance issues in a timely manner; Provides relevant coaching and support.
- Develops frameworks for benchmarking skills and establishing competency standards.
- Hires talent and actively engages in recruiting processes. Responsible for workforce and talent management plans.
- Influences financial plan for training budgets, application portfolio, and/or overall unit and manages to plan.
- Participates in the development of business and/or IT vision, strategies, critical success factors and operating plans for application, unit or portfolio.
- Application ownership including but not limited to application continuity and resiliency, problem and incident management, compliance activities.
- Working with architecture and the agile teams to ensures system, technical and product architectures are aligned with business objectives.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline and at least five years of IT experience.
- 5-7 years' experience related experience, including previous experience in a leadership position, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment.
- Working knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- Working knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies.