Senior Claims Representative
Are you looking for a fun, dynamic role that provides non-traditional workweek flexibility and can be done virtually? Liberty Mutual is offering an opportunity to work in our Commercial Insurance Claims unit .
As a Claims Adjuster you'll manage moderately complex first-party and third-party auto property damage claims from one of our rideshare customers, as part of our Sharing Economy claims department. You will ensure customer needs are met while handling the claim and ensuring quick resolution. We are looking for individuals with strong communication, negotiation and customer service skills to interact with drivers, claimants and our customers. We provide comprehensive training, along with ongoing on the job coaching and development.
REQUIRED TO WORK: Saturdays and alternative work hours
- Determine policy coverage through independent verification, analysis of investigation data and policy terms, including whether claim will be approved or denied
- Make timely and meaningful direct contact. This includes the driver, rider(s), claimant(s) witnesses, body shop, tow company, etc. Follow up, answering phone, return calls, and correspondence. Maintain accurate and current claim file documentation throughout the life cycle of claim.
- Investigate claim liability using internal and external resources. Investigation steps include making all timely contacts, requesting and receiving a field investigation, researching past claim activity, obtaining police reports, gathering details on those injured and scheduling and processing appraisal.
- Investigate and evaluate claim damages utilizing tools and resources to make loss assessments.
- Establish reserve levels at the beginning of handling a claim and adjust as appropriate, based on investigation findings, within assigned authority.
- Involve supervisor when handling more complex claims, i.e., claims with coverage issues; in excess of assigned authority; total loss; claims that trigger customer special service instructions.
- Assess assigned claims for fraud, subrogation, or total loss and refer to those departments as appropriate.
- Determine and negotiate settlement amount for damages claimed within assigned authority limits.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-2 years of experience. Claims handling skills preferred.
- Strong customer service and technology skills.
- Able to navigate multiple systems, strong organizational and communication skills.
- License may be required in multiple states by state law.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.