Technical Architect - GRM Technology
Reporting to the Senior Director of Architecture, the Technical Architect (Software Engineering) provides technical leadership and influences technical direction across the global organisation. As a key contributor to the Leadership & Engineering squads, the Architect both leads and delivers value directly to the customer by delivering code and influencing change to meet business needs.
About the role:
- Understand the whole Liberty Mutual (LM) context for your area and trends and practices outside of LM to help give us competitive advantage.
- Shape and influence Liberty Mutual Information Technology (LM IT) Account and LM Departmental strategy. You will own and be responsible for setting technical strategies, patterns, standards, policies and roadmaps.
- Make, guide and justify decisions characterized by high levels of risk, impact and complexity. You will build consensus between various groups or highly independent and diverse stakeholders.
- Network and communicate with senior stakeholders across LM and proactively seek out opportunities for digital transformation
- Support multiple teams, finding and using best practice and emerging technologies
- Inspire other architects and technical leaders and help them understand how to deliver the goals of the organisation
- Provide technical management and drive development of very large, strategic, complex system development projects involving future facing technologies and platforms. Actively design, code and test components as part of delivery.
- Responsible for investigation and prototyping of complex, cross platform business solutions to validate newer technologies. Recommends emerging technological solutions to increase market share and reduce operational costs.
- Actively participate in selected enterprise projects and communities, leading where appropriate, working closely with architects from other units within LM IT.
- Provide consultation to Senior Leadership, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range business requirements. Recommend innovations, which anticipate the future direction of the business, its drivers and technology strategy.
- Influence the selection and implementation of hardware or software product standards; make significant contributions to strategic roadmaps and technical practices.
- Set standards as appropriate for Engineering Excellence, optimizing the application of technology across the organization.
- Partner with engineering to develop and deliver any required pitch to secure new business development opportunities.
- Coach and mentor employees to develop their potential. Share knowledge about areas of expertise and help others develop technical and professional capabilities.
- Raise the global profile of Liberty Mutual as a leading technology company through interactions at meet ups, conferences and industry events as relevant to their associated technical offering i.e. attendance, presentation, etc.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical discipline.
- Bachelor`s or Master's degree in technical discipline; Master`s preferred.
- 10+ years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment with a proven track record of providing technical leadership.
- Exposure to complex solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, multiple technologies and processing environments.
- In-depth knowledge in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- Extensive knowledge of all components of technical architecture. Experience with provisioning workloads into AWS.
- In-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies.
- Strong leadership, coaching and mentoring skills.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.