Software Solutions Engineer - Innovation
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
Solaria Labs is our innovation lab where we test and build new insurance concepts. Join the team rolling out new product innovations, in partnership with Solaria Labs, through our cloud and API-first modern platform called Certainly. In this role, you will provide technical leadership of the Certainly client and API gateway supported by multiple product-specific and cross-product squads.
As part of this leadership role, you will:
- Help build front end expertise across engineers through mentoring, coaching and guild facilitation.
- Collaborate across product owners, architects and UX teams on product and design roadmaps, client architecture and epic creation and refinement.
- Provide guidance on UX patterns, front end functional and non-functional testing, and coding and code review practices.
- Contribute in a hybrid role of providing technical leadership balanced with contributions to code, whether new features, innovation, tool adoption, etc, based on priority. As such, you will be active in our code base and dedicated hands-on coding is expected as we grow our products and footprint in the market.
- Ten years of related software engineering experience
- A comprehensive understanding of agile environments
- Extensive knowledge of contemporary frameworks and emerging technologies
- A history of practicing DevOps and SecOps
- A strong background in business operations and strategies, including knowledge of global business, technology trends and the financial services industry
- Prior experience with HTML5/CSS, Typescript, React, Redux, API gateways, GraphQL, browser/OS compatibility & accessibility standards and testing
- Experience with web analytics tools, continuous integration/deployment best practices for single-page applications
- Solid negotiation, facilitation, consensus building and influencing capabilities
- Ability to identify patterns and problems across teams and deliver effective solutions
- Openness and adaptability to respond to fast-moving circumstances
- A design thinking and test-driven development mindset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and an aptitude for working in teams
- Strong background in code review
- Familiarity with event-based architectures and integrations with APIs exposing microservices
- Deep understanding of layered solutions and designs
- Cognizance of security concerns, from access control and authentication to secured SDLC processes
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in a technical or business discipline, or equivalent experience
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.