Senior Actuarial Analyst, Accident & Health Pricing
Our Accident & Health (A&H) team is seeking a Senior Actuarial Analyst to support the Pricing team in assessing rates and profitability of the individual and group A&H markets. You will be responsible for complex actuarial analysis to support the A&H business's profit, growth, and operational objectives. You will communicate your recommendations and exhibits to actuaries, management, and others partners throughout the organization. This role would report to the A&H Pricing Manager.A successful person in this role will:
Support and develop pricing tools for a wide range of products, including Critical Illness, Accident, Hospital Indemnity, Business Travel Accident, Special Risk/Participant Accident, Group AD&D, Occupational Accident, Pet Health, and Tuition Insurance.
- Analyze current pricing to determine rate adequacy on all lines of business
- Help advance the pricing of the product lines in terms of data capture and analysis in order to help the products meet or exceed minimum pricing standards.
- Establish profitability metrics and perform regular reviews to present findings and recommendations effectively to head of A&H Product.
- Develop end-to-end pricing of new products, including pricing research and competitive analysis, assisting with rate filings, and supporting the implementation of rates into IT systems.
- Form relationships and collaborate closely with multiple teams including Underwriting, IT/Delivery, Finance, Distribution and Claims.
- Provide clear and concise communication of technical actuarial work to technical and non-technical audiences, and on cross functional teams.
- Mentor, motivate, and train junior staff and peers
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level
- Proven math and analytical skills, as normally acquired through the pursuit of a bachelors degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Passing grades on a minimum of 5 Casualty Actuarial or Society of Actuaries exams required
- Commitment to achieving Fellowship in Casualty Actuarial Society or Society of Actuaries
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant actuarial work experience, strongly preferred in Accident & Health products
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including financial, underwriting, legal, statistics, claims, sales, etc.
- Advanced communication and social skills; shown ability to interact effectively with individuals within and outside the organization.
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers and motivate and train others
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel, SAS, etc.); ability building complex models.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.