Workers Compensation Claims Specialist
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a claims team with a fast growing company that has consistently outpaced the industry in year over year growth? Liberty Mutual Insurance has an excellent claims opportunity available as a Workers Compensation Claims Specialist. The Associate Claims Specialist and Claims Specialist I works within a Claims Team, using the latest technology to manage an assigned caseload of routine mild to moderate Workers Compensation claims from the investigation of the claim through resolution. This includes making decisions about liability/compensability, evaluating losses, and negotiating settlements. The role interacts with injured workers, claimants, policyholders, medical providers, attorneys, and other third parties throughout the claims management process. This position will also provide you with an opportunity to handle disputed and litigated cases. You will use your investigative and negotiation skills in a fast-paced environment while protecting the assets of the company.
*We have flexibility to fill as a Claims Specialist I, Claims Specialist II or Senior Claims Specialist I, based on candidate experience. While we are currently working remote, we ideally seek to fill with someone who can work in our Bala Cynwyd, PA or East Syracuse, NY office, when the time comes to return to the office a few days a week.
The Workers Compensation Claims Specialist will help people resolve problems. We offer variety in your position - in the people you interact with and the cases you handle. In addition to a wide range of benefits, as a direct employee, your insurance education and training are paid by Liberty Mutual Insurance. The position offers training developed with an emphasis on enhancing skills needed to help provide exceptional service to our customers, and fair and concise settlement.
- Conduct investigations including, but not limited to assessing policy coverage, contacting insureds, injured workers, doctors' offices, and other parties to determine compensability and establish reserves
- Set-up claims and update the loss to reflect actual circumstances
- Determine the need for independent adjusters or independent medical examiners
- Evaluate claim for potential fraud
- Assess and reserve damages associated with claims and conduct negotiations to settle claims
- Be involved with litigated claims as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
- 1-3 years' experience in claims adjusting along with knowledge of claims investigation techniques, Workers Compensation, insurance coverage, negotiation skills and medical terminology.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to provide information in a clear and concise manner and to communicate with a variety of individuals.
- Effective analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts and make recommendations based upon information collected.
- Required to obtain and maintain all applicable licenses. Continuing education courses leading to industry certifications preferred (e.g., AIC, CPCU).
- Bilingual skills highly desired!