Actuarial Business Analyst II/ Senior Analyst - Global Risk Solutions
The Pricing Support Team within Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Actuarial is seeking an Actuarial Business Analyst II or Senior Business Analyst. The team is responsible for the GRS business monitoring metrics including but not limited to rate change and retention across GRS. In this role, the candidate will have opportunity to work closely with various departments, including Finance, Underwriting and Actuarial.
- Putting together monthly KPI reports which monitor rate change and retention metrics.
- Improve and coordinate the Rate and Production Report used by the GRS President and GRS senior management to monitor premium production, rate changes and market conditions.
- Improve the efficiency of the monthly business monitoring reporting cycle through continuous improvement of current processes.
- Engage with underwriters and local actuaries in building business monitoring reports/dashboards that allow them to drive continually improve their portfolios.
- Provides ongoing support, maintenance, and enhancements for existing Power BI rate monitoring model and build new reports/dashboards as needed
- Engages with business and IT as needed to address data issues and enhancements necessary for reporting
- Writes and troubleshoots SQL queries for evolving reporting needs.
- To work effectively with a wide-range of internal groups - from report end users to reporting analysts and IT technicians - to identify and satisfy data needs and troubleshoot issues with data sources and other applications.
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations. Compensation will vary based on experience, education and location.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience required for Business Analyst II.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required for Sr. Business Analyst
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build relationship within and outside of the organization
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a group
- Strong organizational skills, including time management and the ability to multitask
- Strong MS Office Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, R and VBA skills preferred
- Experience writing SQL queries of moderate complexity preferred.
- Experience using PowerBI
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.