D&O Underwriter, Public Companies
Our Public D&O underwritersfocus on answering two fundamental questions. Should we write a policy for a customer? What is a fair price for the risk that we wouldincur by writing the policy? On the surface, these questions may seem straightforward, but as a Liberty Mutual Insuranceunderwriter, youwillpossess a curiosity that propels you to dig a little deeper for the answers. You will rely on your strong analytic, communication, and negotiation skills and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Underwriters are natural problem solvers who want to know our customers and how we can profitably accept the risks that our policies cover.
Public D&O Underwriters contribute to the growth and profitability of assigned specialty product line(s) through marketing, underwriting and managing of products and services of moderate risks. Works within defined limits and authorities on assignments of moderate complexity. Some risks may require special handling or unusual coverages. Demonstrates functional technical knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, procedures and techniques to include coverage issues, product lines, marketing, relevant systems, and competition in the marketplace.
- Reviews and negotiates policy terms and conditions with assistance from the manager.
- Reviews, rates, and underwrites targeted new business and renewal accounts at the direction of the manager.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with the brokerage community to facilitate marketing of Public Companies D&O products and services.
- Underwrites targeted new and renewal business by reviewing and analyzing insured's (or prospective insured's) loss history, financials, and other pertinent information at the direction of the manager.
- Begins to make independent marketing calls to brokers and prospective insureds.
- Contributes to the development of marketing plans, product analysis, services, geographic focus and broker intelligence.
- Communicates with other product line underwriters and claims analysts in order to provide comprehensive customer service.
- Performs related duties as requested to include, report preparation, presentations, and special projects to assist in ensuring the success of the product line unit.
- Bachelor's degree or advanced degree
- 1-3 years underwriting experience.
- Requires knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation, analytical, and decision-making skills are also required
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.