Assistant Director/Director, Data Science
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The Product Design and Modeling team has an opening for a Data Science IC position that will drive pricing and non-pricing sophistication in the US Design team and will act as a technical and subject matter expert for US modeling. The Individual Contributor role will report to an Auto Design manager but also have opportunities to work on projects across personal and business lines as well as globally in partnership with the East & West Design team.
- Build GLM loss cost models using Emblem across Auto or Property/Specialty products, as well as adjacent products (e.g. Business Lines, East/West products, New Product initiatives)
- Build complex non-pricing models (e.g., models to identify customers for non-renewal)
- Explore and utilize advanced modeling techniques (e.g., machine learning techniques and Elastic Nets)
- Work with massive amounts of data to build sophisticated models
- Collaborate with Delivery, State, and other teams to help implement new pricing programs, including supporting material and responding to DOI objections
- Act as a mentor and help develop less experienced analysts on the team
- Develop model-driven solutions to complex business problems
- Asst Dir: Bachelors w/ 5+ years, Masters w/ 4+ years, or Ph. D with 2+ years of relevant experience
- Director I: Bachelors w/ 6+ years, Masters w/ 5+ years, or Ph. D with 3+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in quantitative field or actuarial credentials preferred.
- Experience with predictive modeling and statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, Emblem, Python/R) highly desired.
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards, as well as other business operations including Financial, Underwriting, Legal, Statistics, Claims, Sales departments.
- High-level knowledge of data sources, tools, and the business (lines, systems, pricing plans)
- Strong MS Office Excel and SAS skills preferred; Ability to build complex models. Expert skills in Excel, PowerPoint highly desired.
- Ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
This position is open to mulitple levels. Compensation will vary based on education and experience.