Solutions Engineer, Software
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer within GRM US Document Solutions, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We encourage you to apply and bring your expertise if you're a:
- Strategic partner: You take the big picture view, whether you're supervising architecture solutions or maintaining critical relationships with vendors and business partners
- Motivated mentor: Exercise your technical expertise while coaching and collaborating with junior software engineers.
- Systems-level engineer: Working hand-in-hand with your business partners, you'll develop technical requirements and design robust and flexible product and system architectures
- Forward thinker: Leading by example, you'll promote a culture of continuous improvement by finding solutions that increase efficiency, accelerate the adoption of new technologies and enhance profitability
We are looking for an energetic and creative team member to help us support our GRM US Document Solutions squads. This role is critical in helping design and deliver accessible, flexible, scalable and secure document solutions from creation through distribution and storage.
This person will be responsible for the implementation of technology by developing clear, comprehensive and integrated system, technical and/or product recommendations which support the customer`s business plans and long-term strategy. Reviews and provides input to architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility. Analyzes highly complex system and technical issues to implement features and enhancements in an iterative way that align with strategic technical direction. Plans and leads execution of architecture migrations. Leads product delivery releases of strategic impact. Provides leadership in reviewing the velocity of the team, presenting continuous improvement opportunities for improved product/team performance.
About the job:
- Makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Consults on major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability, flexibility and cost effectiveness with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Participates during incident management events and provides consultative recommendations on viable resolutions.
- Guides the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision. In coordination with Architecture, researches and makes innovative recommendations around new technologies, including prototyping solutions.
- Plans and manages execution of architecture migrations.
- Maintains collaborative and strategic partnerships between customers, vendors, business partners, and IT.
- Delivers artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business and product features
- Mentors staff to develop software systems development capabilities, including overseeing design reviews.
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested.
- Promotes engineering best practices around code design, quality and testing.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience. In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with cloud engineering and deployment, in particular AWS and serverless concepts.
- Familiarity with global deployment considerations, e.g. security, privacy constraints.
- Familiarity with SaaS (Software as a Service) delivery model.
- Understanding of DevOps concepts: CI/CD, configuration as code, site reliability engineering.