Manager, Claims Analytics
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Liberty Mutual is seeking an experienced analytics executive to join the Operational Economics team within the Insights & Solutions organization. The Manager of Claims Analytics will be a part of GRM US Claims leadership team and responsible for understanding, prioritizing and addressing key business questions with data-driven insights. This role will manage 5 senior technical professionals: 4 aligned to the key lines of business for the GRM US Claims (Casualty, Auto Physical Damage, Property, Medical & Special Investigations) and one responsible for cross-Claims work. These directors leverage assigned analyst resources from the Operational Analytics team to staff their prioritized projects and groom a backlog of future work to be completed. In addition, they coordinate more broad Claims-aligned data and analytics resources across Capacity & Forecasting, Modeling, Operational Data & Reporting and the Data Office. This individual will play a key role in ensuring that limited resources are targeted at the initiatives of highest strategic value across all the Claims lines of business and that appropriate insights are shared across the business to eliminate duplication and re-work. Moreover, he/she will leverage work and build relationships to use data and analytics to influence strategy and key functional decisions.
The broad focus of this position is three-fold:
- Continuously monitor all metrics and trends and drive deep, creative, and rigorous analysis to thoroughly assess Claims performance. He/she must understand and explore a comprehensive suite of metrics that provide insight into all facets of the Claims and the line of business and serve as leading indicators of the operational health of the business;
- Act as a lead to provide data and analytical support to Claims. He/she must maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with Field Claims and Process teams and effectively translate its analysis into actionable insights that can lead to operational and/or process improvements.
- Identify and answer key strategic questions that will shape and define how Claims measures and runs the business. He/she must proactively and continuously define these questions and shape analysis around them potentially with incomplete information and garner buy-in from key stakeholders.
- Deliver expert data-driven insights to the GRM US Claims leadership to guide strategy, investment decisions and prioritization
- Facilitate prioritization of key business questions to be answered based on resources required and potential benefit
- Manage line-of-business-aligned senior technical professionals and provide holistic Claims perspective to aid in trade-off decisions
- Partner with managers in Operational Analytics and Advanced Analytics and Modeling to identify appropriate skill sets and methods to address prioritized projects; Create an engaging and motivating working environment for this aligned staff, and provide feedback on performance and development, as appropriate
- Collaborate across Operational Economics leadership team to develop standard methods for prioritizing and approaching analytical work and communicating recommendations and insights
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field; FCAS helpful but not required
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in an analytically driven environment.
- Must possess strong analytical, strategic, project management, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Expert knowledge of data sources, tools, and business processes, including a sophisticated understanding of cross-functional operations and business drivers.
- Experience working in or with Claims organizations
- Proven team management and leadership experience.
- Proven ability to effectively influence at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.