Senior Scrum Master
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual.
The Global Retail Market (GRM) US Personal Lines Products Technology team is looking for Senior Scrum Master. This unique role is responsible for implementing an Agile mindset, operational model, and supporting delivery of key Auto products into the Insurance Market. As Sr. Scrum Master you are responsible for the timely and successful delivery of features/enablers for programmatic business and/or technology objectives that require coordination of multiple market delivery areas. Facilitates process and program execution, escalates impediments, manages risk and helps drive program-level continuous improvement.
The Sr. Scrum Master will assist in the coordination of key meetings and discovery sessions both internal and external to products technology team. Will form strong partnerships with other Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Leaders to ensure alignment with established methodologies and transformation goals.
They will influence leadership within the organization to enable more effective flow of value for the organization. In this role you will demonstrate situational and self-awareness to know whether/when/how to respond to various environmental issues that will affect a team/program/portfolio/organization's ability to operate in a Lean-Agile manner.
You will be responsible for the professional/knowledge growth of less experienced SM's and contributing to the overall agility subject matter expertise in the organization. Works together with other Sr. Scrum Masters and Agile Coaches across the enterprise to help the business unit mature on the path towards business agility. In this role you will draw from vast experience in a variety of different contexts and leverages ideas from several disciplines, patterns and techniques to address gaps, solve problems, innovate and improve the environment their program/portfolio operates in.
About the role:
- Develop strategy to increase organizational agility at all levels with the goal of supporting the business unit's desired outcomes. Bring business units together to drive next generation planning at the portfolio level for the organization.
- Identifies and supports scaling experiments at the portfolio level to optimize value delivery.
- Ensures proper visibility into dependencies and risks, drives program level continuous improvement through data-driven retrospection, surfaces anti-patterns that impede organizational agility then works with key stakeholders to address, and pinpoints opportunities when engineering practices can benefit a program's ability to deliver high quality value.
- Assess and progress Agile maturity at the leadership and team of teams level.
- Acts as an advisor in growing others' Lean-Agile teaching skills. May develop & deliver, in partnership with others, training on a variety of Lean-Agile frameworks/scaling methods.
- May facilitate difficult conversations with groups/teams and act as a go-to person for groups outside of their team to facilitate events.
- Creates & contributes to Agile communities (cohorts, circles, etc.) to support continuous learning & foster a Lean-Agile mindset at Liberty Mutual.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Business, Computer Science or a related discipline and at least five years of IT and project/program management.
- Requires ability to manage projects from conception to successful implementation.
- Requires solid project management skills, ability to multitask and manage multiple projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and team building skills, business judgment, and proven expertise in directing the efforts of a technical staff.
- In-depth knowledge of business functions and extensive understanding of business operations, strategies and objectives.
- In-depth knowledge of SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) with three plus years' experience as a Scrum Master, Product Owner or Agile Coach.
- Strong communication, facilitation, presentation and consensus building skills.