Product Owner II IC
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Corporate Financial Systems Group is looking to add a Product Owner II to their team. This product owner will support some of the Traditional Liberty Loss Ecosystems (CFLI and FLS) and financial users of loss data and use agile methods to deliver key technology in direct alignment with business strategies. Previous experience with claims systems, supporting financial users, and agile support models required. This role will also work on modernization of the loss landscape and future integration with OneGL, Duck Creek, and One Product Enablement.
The PO will define and prioritize the product backlog, setting quality standards for delivery, while representing the customer to the agile team. Operates at the intersection of Business, Customer Driven Design and Technology to deliver products that achieve business and/or technology objectives and improves customer satisfaction. Responsible for articulating and translating the overall strategy and tactics for a specific product(s) into prioritized features and stories. Accountable for outcomes and, where applicable, KPI's tied directly to feature(s) and objectives.
- Responsible for articulating and translating the product vision into feature(s) and tactics for a particular product. Communicate the product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members. Contributes to the creation of a clear channel strategy, product vision, and roadmaps.
- Responsible and accountable for assigned feature level key performance indicators (KPI's) and manages features or product(s) with a medium degree of KPI, scope, complexity, etc.
- Defines minimum viable product (MVP) for products/features in scope. Owns scrum team backlog (grooming, prioritization, and refinement). Helps key stakeholders to better understand the product vision.
- Works day to day with the scrum teams clarifying business requirements, removing roadblocks, constantly communicating, and gaining alignment around feature or product strategy. Has some knowledge of customer-driven and usability test principles.
- Ensures delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear, and remove barriers for team members and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently. Acts as a voice of the customer.
- Analyzes feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Sets the quality standard for delivery. Develops test plans (user story acceptance criteria), accepts each story and potentially features and participates in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality, provide feedback to team and improve team processes. Partners across functions as needed to coordinate delivery plans, testing, training and support.
- Manages delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Communicates the feature or product strategy effectively to key stakeholders and team members. Incorporates stakeholder input into product roadmap while effectively negotiating tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer.
- Approves final stories and approves completed user features or series of features.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.). Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in business, engineering, technology and/or consulting.
- Knowledge of Agile development methodologies and IT project management.
- Able to depict complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; educate SBU/department(s) on business vision and plan and the impact of change.
- Able to make difficult and quick decisions on a daily basis.
- Strong problem solver with ability to lead the team to push the solution and progress. Strong experimental mindset to drive innovation amidst uncertainty.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.