Senior Actuarial Analyst
United Educators (UE) provides liability insurance and risk management services to more than 1,600 members representing schools, colleges, and universities throughout the United States. With over 30 years serving education, we bring deep expertise to our members and focus on delivering an experience that leaves them feeling confident that we understand their needs and offer insights and solutions suited for their unique challenges. These sentiments are echoed in our culture, where we believe that building on and embracing our unique differences and perspectives enables us to better serve our members and fulfill UE’s mission.
Are you an actuary looking to have a direct impact on company decisions? Do you want to gain experience in both pricing and reserving for a more unique line? United Educators is a mission-oriented, growing, and forward-thinking insurance company dedicated to over 1,600 policyholder-members in the education sector. We are looking for a driven actuary with strong communication skills to help position our growing department for the future. If you are looking for the opportunity to expand your analytical skills and enjoy contributing to a great team, apply now.
- Analyze loss and premium trends to understand loss ratio drivers.
- Participate in annual actuarial reserve review and coordinate with consulting actuaries.
- Enhance and expand reserve review, potentially to evolve into a quarterly analysis.
- Work closely with Accounting to update and streamline quarterly results process.
- Assist in producing annual reinsurance submission and responding to ad hoc requests from reinsurers.
- Maintain and general monthly reports such as loss development monitor and higher limits report.
- Participate in annual renewal pricing analysis.
- Support Underwriting with non-standard pricing requests.
- In collaboration with colleagues, apply actuarial and modeling skills to help refresh pricing model and structure.
- Support other ad hoc data analysis.
- Carefully monitor and examine data inputs and outputs to ensure quality and integrity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to developing skills related to predictive analytics.
- Provide other support to actuarial and analytics staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in mathematics, actuarial science, statistics, or other analytical areas.
- 4-6 actuarial examinations.
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in property/casualty insurance required.
- Experience in actuarial reserving is preferred.
- Capability and curiosity to develop and apply predictive analytics skills.
- Strong foundation in data analysis, data wrangling, and data visualizations.
- Proficiency in MS Office products, especially Excel and Access.
- Experience in R and/or Python preferred.
- Professional, confident, and appropriate communication and interpersonal skills, and a cooperative attitude with staff.
- Good organizational skills and strong ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- The ability to thrive in an atmosphere of change.