Manager, Product Analysis
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The US Product Delivery Monitoring Team is looking for a Manager of Product Analysis that will partner with stakeholders analyze and inform the latest Personal Lines pricing and underwriting programs for US Global Retail Markets(GRM). This position offers the opportunity to be a key contributor to support profit and growth goals and help shape current and future pricing programs. Individually and through management of a small team of analysts, you will be responsible for defining key metrics, analyzing & visualizing new product results, identifying key trends, maintaining communication & relationships with stakeholders across the organization, and informing future product rollouts. This position is open to candidates either seeking a hybrid or full-time eventual return to the Boston or Seattle office, or for employees seeking full-time remote work within the US.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Sign-off on the top-line monitoring (close ratio, premium levels, mix, et al) of a leading Personal Line launch to ensure product launched with excellence and inform broader organization of initial product results.
- Provide analysis & timely updates on product performance to key stakeholders including Director of State Operations, Global Retail Market US Leadership, Solutions, Modeling, Economics, and fellow Delivery team members.
- Build new best-in-class processes, visuals, tools and approaches to understand preliminary market results with limited data.
- Collaborate with Data Strategy & Reporting and the Data Office to ensure the proper monitoring datasets and reports are available Day 1.
- Offer insights into the design and expectations of future product launches.
- Query data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics; manipulates and understands the data at hand to tell a comprehensive and insightful story to a non-technical audience.
- Have the opportunity to develop new visuals, reports, and analytical techniques for use across GRM.
- Develop & mentors junior analysts to become analytics experts.
- A player-coach who manages a small team of analysts and also performs own individual analyses of major program supporting Liberty Mutual Auto/Property lines of business.
- Leadership experience and directly managing others beneficial.
- Prior Personal Lines experience is a plus.
- Acts as an individual contributor supporting the largest and/or most complex states or product segments, while also managing a small team of new hire/low level analysts.
- Conducts high complexity analysis under minimal direction.
- Under moderate direction, manages individuals completing low to moderate complexity analysis.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics and answer advanced business questions.
- Leads the development of analytic tools (i.e. databases, complex excel files, processes and process documentation).
- Develops and leverages analytic tools needed to evaluate and adapt countrywide initiatives to meet local market needs.
- Leads own workstream on all projects.
- Manages low to moderate complexity projects.
- Has direct reports with responsibility for low to moderate complexity country wide implementations.
- Summarizes findings and provides actionable recommendations.
- Reviews reports and articles for assigned state(s), delivers summary of findings, highlighting the implications for the SBU and provides actionable recommendations.
- May perform vendor management duties such as tracking vendor project progress and leveraging vendor data to perform state or countrywide analysis (i.e. comparative raters).
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field
- Minimum 4 years, typically 6 years or more relevant work experience.
- Master's degree beneficial.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
- Must have good planning, organization, analytical, decision-making and communication skills.
- Experience directly managing others beneficial.
- Deep knowledge of data sources, tools, and the business (auto and home line of business and systems used).
- Deep knowledge of SAS/SQL, Excel, PowerBI/Tableau.
- Knows policy contracts, forms, and product pricing as well as how state regulations impact the business.