Claims Services Support Analyst
IAT has an immediate opening for a Claims Service Support Analyst in our Omaha, Nebraska location. This role will interact with internal and external customers by providing customer service through administrative reports in addition to answering any general questions and provide basic information to customers, answer/transfer phone calls, take loss reports, and process information through existing systems.
The primary responsibilities are listed below
- Resolves insureds/claimants questions on general claims information.
- Takes and processes new losses. Follows up with insureds to verify unreported losses.
- Scans and indexes documents (new losses, correspondence, etc.) into the Content Management system(s).
- Works with claim staff in regards to ISO reporting in addition to handling specific assignments as needed.
- Verifies basic coverage information within strict parameters.
- Sends correspondence (forms, templates, acknowledgement letters, etc.) to customers (policyholders, claimants, agents, etc.).
- Creates reports from various Claims database and distributes them to proper parties.
- Processes claim recoveries.
- Processes invoices payment once properly approved and authorized.
- Provides administrative support such as data entry, monitoring incoming faxes, daily mail disbursement and filing.
- Processes claim payment requests once properly authorized and approved.
- Orders, retrieves, collects, and organizes various claim documents (e.g., police reports, medical records, expert reports, forms, templates, etc.).
- Answers the phone, routing calls and taking messages as necessary to provide exceptional customer service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate with 2 years' experience within insurance claims or customer service (Associates degree preferred or working towards a degree).
- Customer Service within the Insurance industry is greatly preferred.
- Prior CAT (catastrophe) experience desired.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of customer service practices and accepted service procedures.
- Strong verbal and written communication and comprehension skills.
- Ability to work independently and handle confidential matters.
- Strong ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instruction.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, we will require anyone who is unvaccinated to be tested every Thursday and submit their negative test result by 9am on Monday local time. All employees are required to log their vaccination record, if applicable, and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.