The Junior Staff Accountant will be responsible for G/L accounting such as processing journal entries and completing account reconciliations, compiling data, computing fees and charges, preparing invoices for billing purposes, and aiding in the collection of revenues and supporting the goals of CERiS.
CERiS, a division of CorVel Corporation, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, offers incremental value, experience, and a sincere dedication to our valued partners. Through our clinical expertise and cost containment solutions, we are committed to accuracy and transparency in healthcare payments. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture along with plenty of career advancement opportunities. We embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Account Reconciliation
- Research and resolve items prior to month-end closing
- Understand client specific billing processes
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquires
- Answer accounting questions by researching and interpreting data
- Assist in designing and implementing improvements to accounting policies and procedures
- Accounts Receivable posting
- Provide leadership and support as needed to peers
- Additional duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- PeopleSoft experience required
- Advanced EXCEL experience (VLookups, Pivot tables) required
- GAAP knowledge and ability to apply principals preferred
- Financial reporting knowledge and proven business acumen preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills, good problem solving skills, and ability to meet goals and deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to perform in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Bachelors in Accounting required
- 3 years accounting experience in a corporate environment preferred
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.