At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. We are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.
The Liberty Mutual Corporate Functions Technology team is seeking a passionate data practitioner and leader as Manager, Corporate Customer Data Solutions. This leader has a passion for the entire data lifecycle, from building data pipeline solutions to data governance and management. This leader will inspire data engineering teams to build solutions to drive data quality, security and effectively manage and monitor the data ecosystem. You will be central to the effective running and sustainment of enterprise data platforms and web applications. This role reports to the Director of Data Engineering & Management in Analytic Platforms & Services in Corporate Functions.
About the role:
Proactively partners with technology and business partners to provide consulting, solution options, and recommendations around technology, standards, and strategies.
Partner with teams building data management solutions which span all data platforms MDM, data lake (relational, NoSQL), data warehouse and data tools (Data Visualization, Data Catalog, Data Virtualization).
Build and motivate a team of scrum masters and data engineers in a fun work environment to drive high standards of achievement across the business and technology.
Partner with business partners to create, evolve, and maintain in-house developed data products and web applications (LION, Tech$pend, App Health Survey Tool).
Partner with end users to build and enhance data pipeline capabilities for the enterprise (Coligo).
Collaborate on building out a data governance and management strategy for Corporate Functions.
Build collaborative relationships with Technology peers in Data Operations across the enterprise (GRM/GRS/Investments/etc.).
Define individual performance objectives and development plans and ensure alignment with project and department objectives.
Initiate and foster business partnerships with current and potential clients, vendors, IT executives, and senior business executives; develops relationships that promote trust and increase efficiency and effectiveness; balances individual client needs with business priorities assuring alignment with the business strategies and objectives.
Develop and maintain a network of industry contacts; performs or directs research on industry trends, competitors, business and IT products; analyzes trends and makes strategic and tactical recommendations.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in technical or business discipline or related experience; Master's Degree preferred.
- 10 or more years hands-on experience effectively managing data platforms, data tools and/or depth in data management technologies.
- Proactive leadership skills with 5or more years people leadership experience.
- Working knowledge of tools and technologies to support the data lifecycle and data management (data governance, metadata management, reference/master data management, data modeling, data catalog or related tools).
- A bar-raiser mentality and are driven to motivate and lead teams to achieve great things.
- Passion for operational efficiency, quantitative performance metrics and process orientation.
- Depth of knowledge in operationalizing data governance and providing measurable DQM.
- Working knowledge of Agile, IT standards and guidelines.
- Customer passion, business focus and the ability to negotiate, facilitate and build consensus.
- The ability to promote a team environment across a large set of separate agile teams and stakeholders.
- Strong team management, financial / budget management, organizational, communication and presentation skills.
- Effective vendor and offshore staffing expertise.
- Experience with ITSM tools such as Service Now, Remedy
- Experience with Informatica, Power BI
- Experience with AWS data lake technologies S3, EMR, Athena
- Experience with Azure Data solutions
- Experience with data virtualization technologies (Tibco, Denodo)
- Certifications in Agile development methodologies or PMP