Actuary - Global Risk Solutions
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
If you would like to expand your knowledge of diverse insurance products, collaborate with colleagues around the globe, and influence strategic planning, this role will provide that and more. The Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Actuarial team is looking for an Actuary on the Planning team to conduct independent reviews of plan loss ratios and identify risks to plan across all GRS business segments. The work is rewarding and critical to setting strategic direction for GRS. The role will also involve working with finance groups on quarterly financial reporting, providing valuable career experience. Candidates should be independent and motivated, have strong communication skills, and be comfortable challenging other actuaries.
- Conduct independent reviews of plan loss ratios for GRS planning classes and document rationale for selections
- Build relationships with local planning actuaries and work together to minimize differences of opinion
- Aggregate information across GRS for management views and planning presentations
- Collaborate with other teams within GRS Actuarial Support to leverage their work and gain consistency in approach
- Work with finance and reinsurance teams as needed to support financial booking and reporting
- Build and enhance tools and methods for planning and financial processes
Please note this posting is open to multiple locations, compensation will be based on experience, education and location.
- Bachelor's degree required
- ACAS required, FCAS preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant Actuarial experience
- Sound knowledge of actuarial techniques and standards
- Ability to apply independent judgment and well-developed critical thinking skills in execution of assignments and projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to build relationships and influence others
- Innovative mindset to implement new processes and analyses
- Ability to motivate and mentor peers
- Advanced computing skills (MS Office Excel) and ability to build models of moderate complexity
- Demonstrated programming skills (such as SQL, VBA) preferred