Architect - GRS Surety
Liberty Mutual Global Risk Solutions (GRS) Technology is actively searching for an Architect to join the Architecture, Cloud, & Engineering Enablement (ACEE) organization. GRS Technology deliver solutions supporting business outcomes across GRS including North American (NA), Liberty Specialty Markets (LSM), and Global Surety across 24 countries.
It is an exciting time to be part of the GRS Tech Family. GRS has energetically embraced Digital Transformation and GRS Tech is addressing this opportunity heads on. GRS Tech has adopted a Digital Tech strategy that emphasizes an organizational mindset shift focused on cloud first, digital product, API First and Data First. A key foundational enabler for our strategy is our laser focus on recruiting & empowering world class talent.
This role will be aligned with the GRS Surety Tech SBU. In this role - you will partner closely with Surety business, product owners, architects, and engineering teams to develop technical enablers, accelerators, and customer-centric digital software products from idea to production. GRS Surety spans large account business (high risk high exposure) to consumer retail bonds (high volume, low margin) globally. You will get the chance to work in a true global setup with a modern, sophisticated tech stack that ends up supporting UW, Claims, Policy Admin and back-office operations across geographies. You will collaborate on tech strategies ranging from app modernizations, differentiating business outcome delivery to consolidating ecosystems acquired from M&A activities. You will need to adopt and champion a global mindset across multiple teams and in system design by understanding variation in operation, beyond internationalization. These are the traits we value for this role Open Minded, Humble Collaborative Inclusive Leader & strong passion for driving engineering excellence day in day out.You will work with product and delivery teams within GRS Surety Tech to design and deliver customer-centric digital software products from idea to production, including reusable API Product capabilities. You will collaborate with Application Architects, infrastructure engineers, Data Architects, and other stakeholders across GRS Global Platforms, business segments, and business domains setting technology direction and enabling capability centric architectures. This is a fast-paced environment providing cost effective, secure, and fast time to market solutions for our business partners.
So, do you think you will enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment that values engineering excellence and delivery of business value, with a strong desire to drive change to accelerate our Digital, Product, and API First mindset transformational journey? If yes, do not delay and apply for this job. We are eager to talk with you!!!
- Responsible for establishing and providing leadership to the technology strategy and technology roadmaps as well as product recommendations that enable our business at the enterprise level.
- Proactively identifies, defines, and solves complex problems that impact business outcomes, operations, and strategic direction.
- Drive opportunities for capability reuse across the Enterprise.
- Responsible for establishing and providing leadership with the evolution of the application architecture, data architecture, information architecture, technology architecture, infrastructure architecture and security supporting the business segments.
- Utilizing strong hands-on skills and expert knowledge of modern technologies, designs, develops and prototypes technology solutions as well as develops specifications for new products/services, applications, and service offerings. Responsible for developing standards and guidelines for enterprise-wide use. Provides product recommendations that enable our business.
- Recognized as a thought leader within the ACEE organization and GRS Surety team, with a strong focus on innovation, engineering excellence, and delivering capabilities driving business outcomes.
About the role:
- Supports innovative ideas and fosters a culture of humble collaboration with all domains and business segments across GRS.
- Understands industry and technology trends and associated best practices. Recommends and drives innovative, DevOps enabled, scalable, cloud-deployed solutions, which anticipates the future direction of the business, its drivers, and technology strategy, influencing technology direction and/or adjustments to incorporate into business plans.
- Provides consultation and collaboration with Market CIOs, Product Owners, business partners, and peer groups regarding long and short-range product features.
- Leads teams and has overall leadership responsibility for product architecture and design, which includes establishing and leading technology strategy and technology roadmaps that enable the business. Partners with, and influences, Product Owners to align the roadmap with the technical designs and strategies and prioritizes business and architecture backlogs for the program and delivery teams.
- Designs and develops cloud native technical architectures (frameworks, software/applications, data, information, and technology). Consults on leveraging new and existing software and technology as well as evaluation of open-source software.
- Influences the selection of software product standards and the design of standard configurations, making significant contributions to market-centric technology roadmaps and architectural principles and frameworks.
- Develops and manages effective collaborative relationships with other departments, groups, peers, and colleagues (data mgmt., security, and infrastructure). Facilitates cross-team/train learnings, communication and alignment.
- Reviews and ensures major architectural designs are consistent, maintainable, flexible and cost-effective, with a focus on reducing operational costs and maximizing reusability.
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical discipline; Master`s preferred. 10+ years of architecture experience in applications development in a complex, multi-platform distributed environment.
- Strong desire to drive change, and ability to adapt to change quickly.
- Passionate, collaborative, curious, and willing to take on difficult challenges.
- In-depth knowledge of software engineering, languages, and tools. Proficient in new and emerging technologies, with strong hands-on development skills to prototype technical solutions
- Hands on API and Micro services (REST) experience, using API First and Test First design.
- Extensive knowledge of all product and system components of technical architecture.
- Extensive experience in layered solutions and designs, diverse technical configurations, across multiple technologies and processing environments.
- In-depth understanding of business operations, objectives and strategies including but not limited to, insurance industry, financial services, global business, architecture, technology trends, as well as security and data privacy.
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills including negotiation, facilitation, collaboration, and consensus building. Ability to influence and persuade, without direct control. Must be able to demonstrate these at multiple levels including business, senior leadership, technical leadership, and engineers.
- High degree of flexibility and ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization with diverse backgrounds, along with the ability to balance needs across all domains and segments with GRS.
- Strong consulting skills (relevant/technical); recognized as a thought leader within the company.
- Ability to balance the long-term "big picture" and short-term implications of decisions.
- 10% of travel world-wide might be required.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.