Financial Reporting Director/Associate
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $80 billion in AUM and staffed with 250-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, Mass., we offer the best of both worlds the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a one firm, one portfolio, one team mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment business units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI), a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual Insurance, is seeking a Financial Reporting Director (or Associate) to manage the statutory reporting requirements related to its Investment portfolio. The Investment portfolio includes a variety of instrument types including Bonds, Structure Securities, Equities, Loans, Alternative Investments and Derivatives.
Oversee and manage the statutory financial reporting for LMI's investment portfolio, including:
- Oversee the combined and standalone statutory frameworks in the Investments Accounting Book of Record (ABOR)
- Monitor and assess proposed statutory accounting standard changes and evaluating the impact of such changes on our business.
- Lead operationalization of new statutory accounting standards upon adoption.
- Partner with investment professionals on complex investment transaction, and provide advice, implications, and recommendations for the standalone statutory frameworks
- Oversee and research the complex statutory accounting issues including but not limited to: Private Credit; Derivatives and Hedging; Foreign Exchange; Alternative Investments; Capital Structuring & Financing Transactions.
- Establish and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships within LMI, Corporate Finance and external auditors.
- Assist with the preparation of executive team, portfolio management team and board, deliverables.
Lead other financial reporting activities including:
- Supervision and management of staff
- Own relationships critical service providers to ensure accurate and timely execution of accounting framework improvements
- Partner in managing LMI's process and controls
- Serve as a key resource to analyze new investment transactions
- Maintain detailed accounting policies and procedures
- Work to streamline accounting processes through automation where possible
- Work to improve data quality where possible
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CFA, preferred
- 8+ years of experience in financial reporting or financial analysis
- Experience with investments, preferred
- Experience with insurance statutory accounting principle, required
- Proficiency of MS products
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.