Principal Mobile Engineer
Principal Mobile Engineer (iOS or Android)
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance and protect what matters most.
We are looking for a Principal Mobile App Engineer with iOS and/or Android experience to join our fully scaled Agile team to develop cutting edge, innovative products.
What you may enjoy about this job:
The Direct Service Mobile Team is building new features in the personal insurance flagship applications, allowing people to quickly and seamlessly manage their insurance experience. We are looking for talented mobile app developers to join us in enhancing our customer facing mobile applications. These are high visibility products that are growing every day as customers are becoming more familiar with and comfortable using mobile to service their insurance products while on their device of choice.
By combining the latest architectures, tools and technologies we enable and empower you to learn about, discover and replace components as you grow within the team.
You will be able to work with the newest Mobile technologies including React Native, Swift and Kotlin. We put a lot of trust in our developers and enable them to work autonomously to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
- Contributing your awesome programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing iOS or Android apps.
- Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews.
- Partnering with web developers to create and maintain a robust framework to support the apps/web.
- Partnering with UI/UX to build the interface with focus on usability features, creating compelling mobile device specific user interfaces and experiences.
- Optimizing performance for the applications & web.
- Remaining up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline, preferably Computer Science, Math, or Software Development.
- Application development experience on iOS or Android
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, etc).
- Experience with one of the following: Kotlin, Swift
- Experience with React Native is a plus
- A strong desire to improve the customer experience.
- Enthusiasm and excitement to work on a team with great people!
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and quality standards.
Experience or knowledge of the following:
- Mobile Testing Frameworks & Strategies
- Behavior Driven Development / BDD
- Functional Test Frameworks
- RESTful Web Service consumption and design.
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery concepts Bamboo and Jenkins
- Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies, architectures and technical standards
- Experience with layered system architectures and layered solutions; understanding of shared software concepts
- Extensive knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of a business function(s) and of business operations
- Excited about new and emerging technologies
- Negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.