Senior Product Owner - GRM US Architecture
The Global Retail Market (GRM) US Architecture and Enablement team is looking for a Senior Product Owner. This unique role is responsible for providing the 1500+ engineering community with an aggregated view of GRM US Architecture key initiatives, including the prioritization, organization, and identification of key opportunity areas. Acting as the voice of the engineering community, the Sr. Product Owner will synthesize the input from the community, the Chief Architect, Architects, and engineers to provide a holistic view of all work in progress, and for product-specific business objectives.
The Sr. Product Owner will translate the overall business vision of GRM US into an Architecture strategy and tactics for specific product delivery. They will manage the creation of roadmaps to visualize key deliverables to achieve portfolio/channel objectives and be accountable for outcomes and key KPI`s tied directly to architecture objectives. The Sr. Product Owner will create external blogs, strategy updates, and communications that help with a defined communication strategy for a Fortune 100 level Architecture team. In addition, they will create backlog items, facilitate collaborative meetings, and act as the liaison to the technical leadership teams to collect feedback and identify essential work tracks that support the most important business initiatives across the Global Retail Market in the US and alignment globally.
About the role:
- Sets ambitious and clear channel strategy, develops comprehensive product vision, and translates into specific feature strategies and roadmaps.
- Responsible for business results of the related set of customer journeys or products as measured by relevant KPI`s.
- Responsible for communicating the product vision effectively to key stakeholders and team members.
- Works closely with IT and other Business Unit counterparts to ensure resource alignment in support of product vision and roadmaps
- Ensures customer-driven design considering user pain points usability test results, while using market industry knowledge to deliver a well-positioned product
- Owns alignment of development and business resources on goals and priorities while working with stakeholders and team to remove roadblocks to execution.
- Directly manages a team of Product Owner/ Associate product Owners who are responsible for all aspects of customer journey/product lifecycles.
- Participates to provide feedback, support, coaching, in sprint-and release plans together with Scrum Master.
- Manages delivery of scope, partners with delivery teams to ensure user stories are clear and resolves open issues/questions quickly and efficiently.
- Acts as the voice of the customer. Leads the analysis of feasibility, cost ramifications, economies, or other aspects of planned or potential programs.
- Approves final stories and approves completed user features or series of features.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile development methodologies as typically acquired through a Bachelors` degree in relevant field (business, computer science, etc.) and a minimum of 10 years` experience in business, engineering, technology and/or consulting.
- Master`s degree preferred.
- High level of proven business expertise needed to set clear priorities for product and understand business value impacts.
- Technical proficiency required to participate in sprint planning and have an informed, independent voice.
- Strong influencing skills in order to be seen as the decision maker when interfacing with business, and willingness to dissent with both teams and business.
- Proven experience with Agile practices and expectations. Comfortable with making decisions with some level of uncertainty.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Develops strong stakeholder relationships and influencing across multiple organizational boundaries. Demonstrated experience leading varied audiences through the development of complex ideas, issues and designs. Consensus building ability to lead varied audiences through census building.
- Problem solver with clear ability to lead a team. Experience in the insurance industry preferred. Knowledge of relevant products and portfolio strongly preferred. Experimental mindset driving innovation to reduce uncertainty and exploit market opportunities.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.