A little about us
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a difference in people's lives? Are you looking for a position that allows you to do meaningful and innovative work in a culture of continuous improvement? Do you want a career with endless opportunities for growth?
Join Liberty Mutual Insurance, a Fortune 100 Company, and hone your skills alongside a diverse, collaborative team dedicated to helping others and providing best-in-class customer service!
A career with Liberty Mutual provides a home for your talent, and an open road for your ambition. We will provide you with a wide variety of work to enhance your skills and advance your career. We will stand together to preserve and protect what people earn, build, own and cherish.
Minimum certification as an IAAI-FIT, or NAFI-CFEI or equivalent is required.
Under limited supervision, conducts extensive and detailed investigations of fire losses to determine origin and cause of submitted claims.
- Independently develops and executes appropriate investigation strategy for assigned cases. Leads in-depth interviews of participants, witnesses or claimants.
- Completes detailed and extensive investigations in adherence with FIT procedures and best practices. Gathers evidence and makes determinations regarding compensability. Engages experts and vendors as warranted.
- Communicates investigation outcome decision to line of business claims personnel. Completes associated tasks.
- Establishes extensive network with law enforcement and fire department agencies and works in collaboration in the investigation of fire losses.
- Proactively partners with line of business claims personnel to generate referrals. Partners with various FIT and line of business claims personnel to determine merits of initiating further investigation, or legal referrals.
- May evaluate incoming referrals to determine appropriate FIT investigation assignments.
- Provides fraud and origin and cause training to internal stakeholders. Serves as a resource to claims personnel.
- May represent the Company and actively participate in industry association meetings by providing training to industry FIT personnel or law enforcement. Shares intelligence and trends with SIU and other internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training, plus 3 to 5 years of fire investigation, and special investigative or insurance investigation experience.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NFPA 921 and NFPA 1033, legal liability, general property & casualty insurance policies, state and tort laws needed.
- Minimum certification as an IAAI-FIT, or NAFI-CFEI or equivalent.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.