Manager, Incident Response & Forensics (Remote - Home Based Worker)
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.Job Summary
This leader will manage theIncident Response and Forensics teams within Allstate's Global Security Fusion Center (GSFC) by way of mentoring, capacity management, and day-to-day operations oversight. The individual will partner with other Fusion Center capability areas and the larger Allstate Information Security (AIS) program to ensure excellent security incident investigation and cross-team collaboration.Key Responsibilites
- Provide day-to-day oversight for Incident Response and Forensics teams
- Maintain situational awareness through participation in shift-handovers and monitoring of performance metrics
- Ensure potentially critical incidents are identified, understood, and escalated to leadership in a timely way
- Ensure effective investigations through case reviews and direct mentorship of analysts
- Create and maintain skill and career development plans in collaboration with analysts
- Lead post-mortem incident reviews with analyst teams
- Manage relationship with MSSP vendor and ensure that SLAs are being met
- Own responsibility for all Incident Response and Forensics playbooks, procedures, and workflows
- Serve as a subject matter expert as it pertains to Incident Response processes
- Partner with Senior Manager to identify opportunities for strategic improvement
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years Incident Response experience with increasing responsibility and 3-5 years experience leading teams of 10+ contributors. This individual should have technical knowledge of network security, operating system security, vulnerability management, common attacker techniques and exploits, encryption, and SIEM. The individual in this position should know how to lead investigations and be willing to constructively question the investigative process being followed. Experience in writing both technical incident investigation reports as well as reports for senior leadership is necessary. Beingable to manage multiple initiatives while ensuring smooth day-to-day operations is also key to success.
In addition, the ideal candidate must have the following knowledge / experience:
- Advanced incident investigation and response experience
- Strong working knowledge of networking fundamentals (TCP/IP, network layers, Ethernet, ARP, etc.)
- Moderate knowledge of Windows, Unix/Linux, and Mac operating systems
- Moderate knowledge of SIEM technologies and use case design
- Moderate knowledge of malware operations and indicators
- Moderate knowledge of network defenses such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, Packet Capture, Proxies
- Moderate experience with scripting
- Moderate knowledge of forensic techniques
- Moderate knowledge of audit requirements (PCI, HIPAA, SOX, etc.)
Security Certifications Preferred (Including but not limited to the following):
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- Certified Intrusion Analyst (GIAC)
- Certified Ethical hacker (CEH)
- Certified Expert penetration tester (CEPT)
- Networking Certifications (CCNA, etc.)
- Platform Certifications (Microsoft, Linux, Solaris, etc.)
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.