Auto Damage Appraiser - Remote
As an Auto Damage Appraiser, you will investigate, evaluate, negotiate and resolve auto material damage claims in a fair, prompt and equitable manner. You are a source of knowledge in auto and material damage with a focus on heavy trucks and trailers. When faced with the destructive aftermath of an accident, you help clients through the claims process. Federated provides a defined training program to teach you the fundamentals of commercial claims and prepare you to serve clients.
This is a remote/home-based position that will require travel by car and/or plane frequently. Roughly 50% of your time will be spend traveling. Frequent overnight travel and occasional multi-night travel included.
- Evaluates claims, determines validity of coverage, and conducts investigation. Determines extent of damage through inspection of vehicles and other equipment. Prepares written estimate of repair costs and/or conducts an investigation to determine actual cash value.
- Negotiates directly with clients and third parties. Obtains and evaluates written and recorded salvage bids in total loss cases. Photographs damaged property as necessary to reflect the scope of the damage and the identity of the damaged property.
- Documents all investigations conducted and action taken to provide a complete, accurate, and self-sustaining record for future reference.
- Keeps technical manuals and electronic reference materials updated. Maintains knowledge of industry developments, repair techniques, and procedures.
- Plans and schedules work itinerary to make the most effective use of travel time.
- Prefer industry experience with heavy trucks & trailers with an interest in deepening industry and estimating knowledge
- Prefer two years' automotive body experience or vocational training in related field, demonstrating basic understanding of automobile body parts or a four year degree
- Must demonstrate the ability to proficiently and effectively manage assigned claims with minimum work direction. Prefer two years customer service experience
- Strong analytical, computer and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
Physical Demand / Work Environment
- Travel by car and/or plane frequently, including overnight and occasional multi-night travel
- Work indoors and outdoors with exposure to noise, heat and/or cold
- Occasionally adjust work schedule and/or work extra hours including evenings and weekends.
- Must have physical mobility, vision, and hearing necessary to traverse and evaluate claims damage