PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of the job is to advance the development and implementation of data standards and management of data governance efforts for ICW Group's Enterprise Data Strategy Implementation. This role will lead, create, and maintain related meta data and business process documentation that support user data consumption, data standards, and the implementation of controls. This role will work in collaboration with IT to drive capabilities designed to enable data quality, master data management, and support of data policies and process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Standardizes and Conglomerates Meta Data Platform
- Leads, collaborates, and creates the overall infrastructure, nomenclature, policies, and ingestion of ICW's meta data assets into a single meta data platform that is easy to use, accessible by all enterprise employees, and is scalable for future growth.
- Designs and completes technical development to auto-ingest reports, catalogs, and siloed meta data into single platform. Ensures content build out and expansion is completed in a consistent method towards the goal of evaluating all data assets across ICW enterprise.
- Supports the quality and completeness of meta data by performing regular data grooming, quality checks, and audit methods.
- Creates and executes a multi-level training program to support the meta data platform. Communicates, trains, and supports all meta data stakeholders, users, and contributors throughout the enterprise.
- Collaborates with enterprise leadership to execute promotional programs to drive adoption and usage of meta data platform.
Provides Data Quality Issue Management and Remediation
- Collaborates with all team members throughout the business and technical departments to surface and document data quality issues.
- Quantifies and documents issue causes, possible solutions, cost and care of solution, and the ROI for each issue resolution.
- Leads communication with other departments and leaders regarding issue resolution, sign off, policy changes, and documentation.
- Ensures that a backlog of issues is consistently groomed and updated for agile consumption.
Provides Enterprise Data Stewardship Support
- Collaborates with leadership on the initiation of ICW's Enterprise Data Stewardship Network comprised of Data Consumers, Stewards, and Owners.
- Coordinates with leadership to allocate data quality and governance issues to each identified team member.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to understand current and anticipate future business needs, understand requirements, and define strategic questions.
Develops Data Policy
- Authors policy and procedures around ICW's data assets that target standardization, quality, ownership, and dependability.
- Shepherds the policies through the approval process and coaches enterprise on implementation.
- Develops ICW specific nomenclature and naming standards that balance insurance industry standards with ICW's unique business requirements.
Provides Data Governance Program Leadership
- Implements an agile framework in order to deliver governance articles on a dependable, repeatable schedule that balances backlog tasks with new issue resolutions.
- Under the guidance of business and technical leaders, responsible for the adoption, education, and support of all ICW departments for the Governance components of the overall Data Strategy.
- Collaborates with leadership on the development of key performance indicators (KPI) to measure the progress of governance, quality, and meta data adoption and ROI.
- Publishes quarterly and annual KPI's to leadership across the enterprise.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree (B. S.) from a four-year college or university with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Data Science, Information Systems or related field. Minimum 9-10 years of experience required with 5+ years of data governance experience plus 4-10 years of experience in any data field. Experience in designing, developing, and implementing data governance deliverables across an enterprise architecture with multiple lines of business. Prior experience necessary in the development of the following areas required: Data Governance Policy, Data Dictionary, Metadata Repository, Business Data Analysis, and/or Structured Query Language (SQL). Mastery level experience in Data Governance metadata deliverables for Enterprise, Conceptual, Logical, Business, and Physical data assets.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
CDMP (Certified Data Management Professional), DGSP Certification from ICCP (Institute for Certification of Computing Professionals), or other Data Governance Certification required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Demonstrable aptitude for learning, leadership, and technical documentation required. Advanced usage of data governance tools such as Erwin Edge, Collibra, or Informatica EDC/Axon. A clear understanding of Data Governance, Business Intelligence and Enterprise Data Assets from detail to high level concepts. Must understand the role data policy and procedure has for improvement of data quality. Ability to scope and triage, clearly communicate, iteratively design/test/research/modify, load and support data governance solutions for both Business and Technical teams. Strong analytical and time management skills. Self-motivated and able to handle tasks with minimal supervision. Must be organized, detail oriented, and able to multi-task. Ability to work well under pressure and deliver results with tight deadlines and under changing priorities. Ability to cross collaborate and effectively communicate with multiple teams and leadership levels to offer value-added solutions. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.