PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to support the Service Center of Excellence underwriting staff by processing insurance policy submissions as they are received from policy holders. This role exists in order to alleviate the administrative responsibilities of the underwriting staff and to ensure that submissions are moving forward in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Enters underwriting data into web-based system.
- Enters submission information in company's proprietary web-based system to enable underwriter to quote business.
- Follows up with agents to obtain missing submission information using web-based system.
- Requests renewal information from agents and help prepare renewal for underwriter to quote.
Provides administrative support to Underwriting staff.
- Handles agent/insured phone calls, faxes, and mail.
- Orders loss runs requested by agents and insureds and sends via fax, email, or mail.
- Prepares and mails claims kits and marketing materials requested by agents and insureds.
This role does not have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED).1-3 months of related experience and/or training.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Data entry skills and the ability to learn enterprise and department specific applications. Basic Word and Excel knowledge. Ability to conduct basic research.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: Initiative and Informal Communication.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.