Are You Driven?® We Are.
We are a company of driven, enthusiastic and determined people. We celebrate achievement and success. We foster innovation, determination and recognition. Because of that, our employees feel recognized and rewarded for the contributions they make on a daily basis. At GAINSCO, it is our people that set us apart.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference, perceive how your work impacts the company, and be recognized for your efforts and passion, then GAINSCO is the company for you.
Why Join GAINSCO?
By joining GAINSCO, you become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as a Top Workplace in both our Dallas and Miami offices.
GAINSCO's work environment rewards engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. That's because our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
What does a Manager, Infrastructure do at GAINSCO?
Plan, organize, and manage staff and overall operations to ensure the stable operation of the organization's IT infrastructure. This includes developing, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing key functional areas, particularly network infrastructure, server infrastructure, data communications, telecommunications systems, and security. Responsible for the integration of IT systems development with security policies and information protection strategies. The Manager, Infrastructure will also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide effective IT solutions to support company growth by managing and setting priorities for the design, maintenance, development, and evaluation of all infrastructure systems including LANs, WANs, Internet, intranet, security, telecommunications, and wireless implementations. Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Leadership - Effectively coach, teach, mentor and develop a high performing staff to achieve company objectives and goals. Identifies and solves complex problems with your team. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability. Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members. Lead employees by using a framework to encourage employee contribution including goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning as well as performance management. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, Teams chat, and regular interpersonal communication.
- Establish a close rapport with the organization's executives, decision makers, stakeholders, department heads, and end users to ensure they are well informed and prepared for changes to the environment. Establish Service Level Agreements (SLA's) with the business units and publish results against these metrics regularly.
- Meet budget expectations by proactively managing operational costs, conducting near and long term financial forecasts for expanded functionality/user base, and negotiating with vendors for required services/products.
What is required?
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience.
- A minimum of 5 years technical and infrastructure IT experience plus an additional 5 years experience in a manager or other leadership role in a technical environment.
Other skills and abilities:
- Excellent organizational skills; keen attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in performing mathematical calculation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- The ability to gather information and express ideas effectively to individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding of non-standard auto insurance is preferred.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, and vendors in a courteous and professional manner.
Required behaviors for all positions:
- Communicate with co-workers, management, customers, vendors, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Conform with and abide by all Company codes, regulations, policies, values, work procedures and instructions
What else do you need to know?
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Excellent benefits package: medical & dental (Basic plan FREE), vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance
- Parental Leave Policy
- 401K + Company Match
- Paid Vacation + Sick days + Floating Holidays + Company determined Holidays
All offers are contingent upon a background investigation (including employment, education, criminal and DMV verification- when applicable) and a pre-employment drug test with results satisfactory to GAINSCO.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.