Assistant Manager, Receivables
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
We're dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
In this role, you will manage a team of Financial Operations Representatives and Receivable Analysts focused on delivering quality service, billing support and receivables management for Financial Operations. Manage and direct the work of a unit which performs complex research and analysis to support Customers, mainly for Business Insurance. Collaborate with several key groups within the value stream including, but not limited to, IT, Underwriting, Premium Audit, Payments and Balancing to gain efficiencies and cost savings through process improvements and automations. Actively engage with Product Owners, lead, and drive strategic projects by providing subject matter expertise and perform cost benefit analysis that contributes toward improving the employee, customer, and partner experience. Develops recommendations to prioritize and address systematic issues and future system enhancements. Analyzes, reports, and presents findings related to system issues and manual workarounds to stakeholders/management.
- Leads and monitors the day-to-day operations of the team by establishing priorities, coaching to key performance indicators, and assisting in resolving problems to meet established service standards.
- Responsible to strengthen, foster, and develop the departments Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion skills to build an inclusive and equitable workplace department culture where people feel they can be themselves, that they belong, and their talents are utilized.
- Ensure the team is meeting quality measures, developing customer centric-mindset, and taking ownership to ensure workflows are continuously improved.
- Coordinate with other leaders to ensure workflow prioritization and distribution is appropriately distributed across all teams to consistently meet SLAs, including our strategic partners.
- Partner with Product Owners and IT to drive strategic project work that will enhance our customer and agent experience.
- Actively manage all aspects of performance including employee performance, establishment of objectives, merit process, salary reviews and development, while recognizing individuals for their efforts.
- Improve the customer and employee experiences by taking action and driving key measures for both eNPS and EOS.
- Embrace and demonstrate bigger picture (full value stream) thinking and adaptability to change through leading by example and incorporate into team development and individual coaching sessions.
- Partner closely with leadership to enhance our employee and customer experience by evaluating trends and continuing to improve our processes, systems, and training to reduce volumes.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent plus 5-7 years of progressively more responsible related work experience is required.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication and project management skills are required.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues and present information in a clear manner.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and effective skills in the areas including but not limited to effective communication, negotiation and influence, presentation skills both verbal and visual, storyboarding, analyze and solve problems, coaching and feedback, planning and organization skills, getting work done through others and big picture thinking.
- Ability to work independently and lead others during projects, while incorporating project management plans and cost benefit analysis, is essential.
- In-depth knowledge of the business practices and processes pertaining to Business Insurance.
- Proficiency with spreadsheets and data base software.
- Knowledge of insurance products and program in a customer service environment is a plus.