Portfolio Manager Assistant
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance a Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments (LMI) manages Liberty Mutual Insurance Group's (LMIG) global financial assets across global and private domains to build capital and generate income. With over $90 billion in AUM and staffed with 300-plus investment, finance and operations professionals located in Boston, MA, we offer the best of both worlds the look and feel of a boutique investment firm and the reputation and financial strength of a global leader.
LMI has been on a transformation path to spur innovation, capitalize on deep expertise and scale its returns on long-term flexible capital through a one firm, one portfolio, one team mindset. Our operating model is built on three pillars: centralized portfolio construction, asset management and investment-enabling services. The teams are structured as Investment business units (IBUs) working in concert: Strategy & Asset Allocation, Risk Management, Global Fixed Income, Global Partnerships & Innovation and Investment Enabling Services (IES). Our portfolio spans a broad spectrum of public and private asset classes, and we are committed to expanding our capabilities and our toolkit in furtherance of our mission.
The Credit Portfolio Management Group is seeking a Portfolio Manager Assistant. This newly created role is positioned centrally in GFI's portfolio construction process. The Portfolio Manager Assistant role operates in a fast-paced environment as a key member of our Credit Portfolio Management group, and reports to the Co-Heads of Credit Portfolio Management.
- Facilitate portfolio construction through analysis of portfolio KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) such as duration, spread duration, key rate duration, sector/security/rating weights versus benchmark indices, ESG factors, etc.
- Develop Blackrock Aladdin analytics to identify and maintain portfolio positioning consistent with our top-down and bottom-up recommendations
- Assists with portfolio management processes including trade approval, allocations, middle and back office liaison, trade settlement, etc.
- Drive efficiencies in the execution of tactical and strategic portfolio repositioning
- In association with trading and research teams, identify attractive relative value trading ideas
- Work with lead portfolio managers on implementation and execution of our risk budgeting portfolio framework
- Create and maintain presentations to disseminate portfolio positioning &/or credit views.
- Collaborate and share market views with portfolio managers, across our research and trading teams, and more broadly throughout the organization
- Work with lead portfolio managers in developing top-down quantitative tools for the broader Credit Portfolio Management Group (in collaboration with the Portfolio Strategy and Rates and Strategic Asset Allocation Teams)
- Primary asset class will be US IG corporates with expansion potential to our international non-dollar portfolios as well as US HY
- 4-8 years experience in a total return investing environment (hiring level of Senior Analyst or Associate commensurate with experience)
- Proficiency in using Blackrock Aladdin investment tools (Explore, Portfolio Construction, Portfolio Monitor, Research Platform) preferred
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrable capacity to articulate investment insights
- Strong understanding of financial accounting and economic theory, as well as good judgment and reasoning to assess and differentiate the strengths, weaknesses, and value drivers of investments
- Robust analytical and quantitative background with the ability to manipulate and analyze large data sets
- High comfort level working in Excel and PowerPoint (Bloomberg and Macrobond also preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and be a team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Desire and passion for a career in portfolio asset management
- Unquestionable integrity and ethical character
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hard-working, diligent
- CFA (or progress towards) is preferred
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it's our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits.
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace an environment that is free from all discrimination in the workplace, in our business, or by our vendors. Liberty Mutual values diversity and the differences and similarities of our employees. We foster a diverse and inclusive work environment that leads to better ideas, stronger teams and more creative products and services for our customers.