Business Analyst - Actuarial Reserving Support
North America Specialty Reserving is looking for a Actuarial Business Analyst II or Senior Business Analyst responsible for multi-lines processes in support of reserving, booking, and analysis of trends and loss reserving levels. The department has the responsibility for conducting quarterly actuarial reserving estimates for $2B in net liabilities, in diverse primary and excess lines such as Medical Malpractice, Medical Stop Loss, D&O, E&O, Environmental and High Excess Liability. This role includes implementing, improving and managing process improvement and diagnostic initiatives to support reserving unit goals and requirements of senior management. As such, the successful candidate will leverage excellent technical skills to support the efficient utilization and enhancement of reserving data, tools, and templates in a quarterly reserving process. Candidate will maintain existing diagnostic tools and develop new ones on a variety of software platforms (e.g., SAS, Access, Excel, etc.). Our small department will rely on candidate's expertise in advising and selecting the platform best suited to the task required. Candidate can work independently, developing highly technical tools on the basis of general direction provided by actuarial management.
- Acts as the internal expert on data, data quality, its manipulation and visualization
- Builds and implements data monitoring and diagnostic initiatives in collaboration with Actuarial, Claims management and Finance teams
- Supports quarterly reserving exercises from the perspective of data preparation and management. Seeks ways to improve these processes in a management philosophy of continuous improvement
- Prepares reports for both internal and external stakeholders
- Performs special projects as requested
***Please note this posting is open to multiple locations. Compensation will vary based on experience, education and location.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with 2+ years related experience as Business Analyst II
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, with 5+ years related experience as Senior Business Analyst.
- Insurance experience preferred
- Expert Excel and Access, and strong SAS skills required
- VBA, SQL (or equivalent alternatives) preferred
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving and communication skills
- Candidate can work independently, in a collaborative environment that requires frequent communication of status and redirection of efforts as needed
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.