At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skills - and drive - to join a talented team within GRM US Business Lines that is pushing the limits of innovative technology? The Heart Train (eCLIQ Platform) is working diligently to migrate eCLIQ Traditional off our midrange and mainframe platforms into AWS, in addition to providing solutions for BL profitability goals and eco-system stability. We are looking for an exceptional engineer to be part of our Cat's MEOW team.
This is a range posting and the description is posted as a Grade 16. However, candidates will be considered for Grade 14 and Grade 16 roles in the Software Engineer Job Family. The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate's overall experience and skill level.
In this role you will:
- Experience driving platform modernization initiatives, cloud deployment and technologies such as: AWS, Docker, Java, NodeJS, Spring Boot, Angular
- Collaborate closely with a team of developers and solutions engineer to deliver complex software solutions, where application performance is critical
- Work in an agile environment with business stakeholders, product owners, and other software engineers to review and refine stories, and execute on them using excellent engineering practices
- Drive full cycle end to end development from design through implementation
- Be an advocate for excellent engineering practices
- Establish, maintain and update consistent protocols and security access to sensitive data Work with Scrum Master, Product Owner and peers to iteratively create software that meets business and technical requirements
- Analyze defects, and design and implement effective solutions
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Drive a culture of innovation and learning while modeling the Liberty Mutual core behaviors
- Work with less seasoned engineers to developer their technology skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience
- Generally, 5+ years of professional experience in software development Versed in diverse technologies and technical architecture principles and concepts including microservice architecture
- Familiarity with CI/CD and DevOps tools
- Strong enterprise-level software development experience in an object-oriented language, preferably Java/J2EE
- Solid programming discipline: unit testing, fault tolerance, data structures, complexity analysis, object-oriented principles, design patterns, etc.
- AWS RDS, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Capable of writing RESTful service API
- Experience working in an agile environment (Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) is preferred