Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Job Description SummaryAssisting with intake of new legal matters. Accurate entry of new files into law office file management system, uploading appropriate documents. Ability to properly identify participants in a legal action. Manage mail scanning and uploading as well as reception of visitors and deliveries.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform data input of new incoming files into proprietary document management system.
- Greet and direct visitors to appropriate personnel. Answer and route incoming telephone calls.
- Communicate orally and via e-mail with clients, outside legal professionals and co-workers. Respond to enquiries and requests for information in a timely and professional manner
- Deliver a high level of service to internal and external customers
- Have a basic understanding of the legal file handling process and the administrative elements that contribute to successful file handling
- Receive, process and distribute incoming mail in accordance to office procedures. Electronically scan mail and other correspondence for distribution
- Open, maintain and organize legal files, including preparation and shipment of closed files
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned to assist in the operation of a law office, such as photocopying, faxing, document scanning, collating and preparation of outgoing mail and packages
- Order, receive and maintain office supplies. Review and code invoices for payment as appropriate
- Understand and use job-related software
- Maintains and continually improves general office skills for optimal production and organization
- High school degree or equivalent required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- High School education or equivalent preferred.
- 4+ years of experience preferred.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Good technical ability in MS Office and an interest in learning new software applications
- Knowledge of Ontario Tort and/or Accident Benefit processes an asset.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong time management with the ability to work effectively under pressure
- High level of initiative, motivated, professional, detail oriented and the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic working environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing accommodation to persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruitment or interview process we will work with you to accommodate your needs.
If you are a candidate and have specific questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.