Director, Marketplace Operations
The world isnt standing still, and neither is Allstate. Were moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers evolving needs. Thats why now is an exciting time to join our team. As a leader in a corporation with 83,000 employees and agency force members, youll have a hand in transforming not only Allstate but a dynamic industry. Youll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
Youll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from lifes uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For 89 years weve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatevers coming next to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. Weve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We dont follow the trends. We set them.
The Director of Go-to-Market and Marketplace Operations is a critical part of Avails leadership team, overseeing our customers experience and the health of our marketplace. They must manage the unit economics of the business by partnering closely with the cross-functional leadership team to make data-driven decisions that balance top-line growth and cost efficiency. They will own the strategy and execution of pricing, promotional spend, referral program, payments to car owners, and user vetting strategy to balance profitability and growth objectives, as well as design, test, and implement new customer-facing programs. Examples include our long-term sharing program for car owners, and new use cases/experiences for our car borrowers. They will manage a team of operators and analysts and will report directly into the Chief Operating Officer.Key Responsibilities
- Use data to identify opportunities in the end-to-end customer experience from reservation creation all the way through retention/referral and work with cross-functional teams to address
- Set the strategy for the geographic expansion of each of our use cases
- Optimize the utilization of Avails supply base and strategically re-allocate supply based on the market
- Drive annual and quarterly OKR planning in partnership with the Strategic Finance team
- Partner closely with the Data Engineering team to support the building and maintaining of marketplace-governing models
- Actively contribute to leadership team decisions and initiatives
- Effectively able to converge around a decision and rally team
- Consistently leads development of strategic direction beyond functional area
- Lead the idea generation, test design, test execution and implementation of Avail/ Avail solutions
- Serve as a subject matter expert on complex Avail innovation issues with other Avail functional leaders, and other stakeholders
- Provide insights and perspective on key consumer, market, technology, and competitive trends that will impact current and future Avail/Avail strategies
- Anticipate needs of the organization and leads efforts for continuous improvements with Avail/Avail systems design and processes
- Build an organization capable of creating strategy to drive new initiatives successfully across the company; recruit, develop, coach and counsel a world-class team.
- Clearly communicate business objective timelines to executive team, expose risks and tradeoffs with a no surprises philosophy.
- Provide leadership, motivation and hands-on direction to management, analytics, and trust & safety teams in service to delivering outstanding customer experiences.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience; May also have advanced degree
- 12 or more years of related Experience
- 8 or more years of experience in consulting, investment banking, business operations, product management, or private equity
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Strategically building relationships across functions
- Ability to measure, evaluate, and act on results (financial and operational)
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex concepts; Ability to solve complex problems
- Demonstrated skills in area of research and development (Ability to work with data to develop insights, interpret and make recommendations)
- Strong oral and written communication skills combined with the ability to influence others
- Strong collaborative skills (Leads and collaborates across boundaries to implement decisions and / or initiatives in an integrated manner)
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, cross regional, diverse, and dynamic work environment
- Embody the Avail teams 5 core values: Transparency, Collaboration, Bias for Action, Customer-Obsession, and Integrity
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click here for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click here for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.