Arity-Business Intelligence Platform Engineer (Remote Home Based Worker)
Founded by The Allstate Corporation in 2016, Arity is a data and analytics company focused on improving transportation. We collect and analyze enormous amounts of data, using predictive analytics to build solutions with a single goal in mind: to make transportation smarter, safer and more useful for everyone.
At the heart of that mission are the people that work herethe dreamers, doers and difference-makers that call this place home. As part of that team, your work will showcase both your intelligence and your creativity as you tackle real problems and put your talents towards transforming transportation.
Thats because at Arity, we believe work and life shouldnt be at odds with one another. After all, we know that your unique qualities give you a unique perspective. We dont just want you to see yourself here. We want you to be yourself here.Compensation Data
The role pays in the range of $95-130K and does not include a bonus. The final salary offered is based on experience and qualifications.The Team
Our engineers are fueled by a passion to impact the future of mobility. They push the boundaries of telematics and transportation tech by creating and supporting cutting-edge products. As part of an Agile team, they are armed with the freedom to innovate and the opportunity to see projects through from start to finish. Using a variety of languages and a top-notch technology stack, our engineers make critical advances in areas like sensor technology, enterprise engineering and platform development. Our team understands what it means to collaborate and communicate in an interconnected global team, all while having trust, transparency and empathy for the end user. Which is pretty cool, if you ask us.The Role
As a Business Intelligence Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for the design, security, build and administration of Aritys Tableau Infrastructure on AWS. You will partner with key Product Stakeholders to create an environment that will enable our customers to perform advanced analytics and business reporting.
- Design and build robust, re-usable Infrastructure as Code (IaC) modules to provision large scale multi-tenant AWS Tableau environments.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Creation of key performance metrics, measuring the utilization, performance and overall health of the environment.
- Continuously challenge the status quo for BI tools and processes by evaluating competing solutions.
- Ability to collaborate with product managers, lead engineers and data scientists on all facets of our Business Intelligence solution(s).
- Ensure existing data/information assets are secure and adhering to a best in class security model.
- Possess at least 3 years of administering a multi-tenant production Tableau environment;
- A deep understanding of Tableau internals, design principals, cluster connectivity, security and the factors that affect distributed system performance;
- Proven Terraform and Ansible skills;
- Proven experience with identifying and resolving hardware and software related issues;
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery;
- Expert experience with at least two of the following languages; SQL, Python or Bash;
- Experience with Git, Jenkins, Groovy;
- Experience with complex networking infrastructure including firewalls, VLANs, and load balancers.
- Proven ability to lead multiple high priorities initiative with aggressive timelines leveraging an agile framework.
- Demonstrated a product mindset with an ability to set forward thinking and direction.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate technical information clearly, able to translate between diverse groups of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of complex data into meaningful conclusions and present recommendations to a vast array of individuals.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to offer why one technical solutions is more preferable than another.
- Ability to work in a team environment in a collaborative manner.
- Proven track record of sound, effective decision making.
- Bachelors Degree in a STEM-field required, Masters Degree Preferred.
Additional Experiences Preferred
- Experience managing Cloud Services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), AWS Certification is preferred;
- Experience as a AWS DevOps Engineer;
- Experience managing AWS Managed Service Tableau
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Thats the day-to-day, now lets talk about the rest of it. As we mentioned, Arity was founded by The Allstate Corporation. But youll be working forand atArity. Its the best of both worlds. Youll get access to the full suite of Allstate benefits and work in a fast-paced startup culture. Thats more than just free breakfasts and brain breaks. Its a culture that encourages you to be you.
Sound like a fit? Apply now! We cant wait to meet you.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click"here"for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click"here"for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the EEO is the Law poster click here. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click here. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Companys policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employees ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee's terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment