CorVel is seeking a Service Specialist for our claims department. This position serves in a key role for the EC Operations team. Principle duties include provision of superior customer service to our carriers and field claims team; supporting the creation and maintenance of a claims processing manual, workflow diagrams; management of various internal and external web sites. In addition, this role is responsible for the aggregation and reporting of audit data and other management information including data pulled from CorVel's proprietary system, CareMC. This position will also assist with certain administrative duties for the department. While this position will support the entire EC team, it will report directly into the VP of EC Operations.
CorVel, a certified Great Place to Work® Company, is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide support for EC Team
- Set up/Arrange meetings, take meeting minutes, collaborate agendas
- Assist with project duties
- Maintain project calendar(s)
- Address Carrier EDI data issues
- Disseminate among field and act as resource for any questions
- Run regular loss run reports for Carriers
- Monthly/Bi-weekly reports for Carriers
- Disperse documentation from Carriers to field teams/adjusters
- Track Claims Audits
- Record external and internal audits into database
- Update Adjuster Data
- Monthly follow ups on expired or missing license data
- Monthly updates to Claims Hierarchy database
- Act as Resource to Field Teams
- Address coding questions
- Update and maintain EC pages
- Compile State and jurisdictional reports
- Design and maintenance of EC Services SharePoint site for field reference
- Design and maintenance of EC Services SharePoint site for internal reference by the department
- Manage distribution and collection of data calls to the field
- Assist with booking and scheduling team travel.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Strong organization skills with ability to prioritize responsibilities.
- Strong Project Management skills
- Exceptional customer service skills with a passion for providing superior support to internal and external customers
- Must possess effective oral and written communication skills; be a poised communicator
- Must have the ability to multi-task with ease and manage projects on schedule.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record for improving services and/or processes in prior role
- Effective at managing multiple time-sensitive deadlines
- Prior knowledge and experience with SharePoint development
- Bachelor's degree in business or equivalent required.
- 3 – 5 years' experience in related field
- Advanced Microsoft Office Knowledge: Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Advanced capabilities with Excel, including pivot tables, formulas, macros and conditional formatting
- General Knowledge of Claims Handling and Insurance Concepts Preferred.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.