Assistant Director, Product Analysis
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Are you a fearless problem solver? Do you have a passion for analytics and for working with our underwriting field teams? Do you love collaborative teamwork?
As an analyst on our Business Lines Underwriting Insights team, you will help us understand our small commercial underwriting strategy and operation at a new level of depth to propel our underwriting strategy forward!
You will use quantitative and analytical methodologies to improve our appetite and risk selection approach as well as the operational effectiveness/efficiency of our field underwriting operation. You will be responsible for robust monitoring/insights and analysis supporting our underwriting strategic direction and decisions. Your role will be a blend of analytics and exposure to the front end of our business.
Responsibilities: You will report to the Director of BL Underwriting Insights team and will use advanced analytical techniques and partnership with the field to develop recommendations on how to optimize our underwriting operation. Responsibilities will be tailored to job grade and may include:
- Develop and maintain innovative monitoring of our underwriting results, helping us understand key drivers in our book profile, mix-shift and quality trends and highlighting opportunities for improvement
- Develop and maintain analysis of our operational effectiveness and efficiency, highlighting areas where we can improve and suggesting approaches to get there
- Develop low-effort mechanisms to monitor performance of initiatives and underwriting operations, flagging metrics that fall out of specified tolerances for investigation
- Leverage scenario testing and cost benefit analysis to vet and prioritize initiatives
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate technical ideas and analytical findings to non-technical peers and partners, including executive leadership
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team to enhance their technical and soft skills
- Bachelor's or master's degree in a quantitative field (example: economics, math, statistics, operations research, actuarial sciences, etc.)
- 5+ years of professional experience in an analytical or quantitative risk-management position
- Track record as a team player who looks for opportunities to collaborate and mentor
- Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint required
- Ability to identify themes and trends from large data sets
- Ability to synthesize analysis into stories for an executive audience
- Understanding of statistical methods and/or insurance products/pricing/processes
- Expertise using Tableau, SQL/SAS or similar statistical packages
- Experience in insurance, financial services, or service operations