Senior Underwriter | E&S Brokerage
IAT has an immediate opening for a Production Casualty Liability Underwriter in our Brokerage area. This role will be tasked with risk evaluation, selection, and pricing in a timely manner to produce an underwriting profit while maintaining a positive image in the peer marketplace. IAT's Brokerage division focuses on providing the right balance of coverage and price for General Liability accounts with low exposure to frequency and moderate exposure to severity. Target premiums in the $15,000 to $250,000 range. The average is around 35K.
The ideal candidate will have broad E&S risk experience and experience managing and growing a book focused on general liability, products liability, and liquor liability.
- Review and analyze underwriting files, using judgment and experience as primary criteria, to accept new business or continue renewals within established authority level.
- Review and analyze all documents within or associated with the underwriting file to establish accuracy in identification and minimizing risk of exposure, utilizing change requests, claim information, loss control and outside databases to identify changes in exposure to risk.
- Review, evaluate and determine account premium levels using sound judgment consistent with established company premium modification plans within authority limits.
- Read, evaluate and interpret contracts and policies to determine exposures providing guidance and clarification to others consistent with experience.
- Provide clarification and verification of coverage to the Claims Department consistent with experience.
- Market to assigned producers to achieve acceptable new business flow.
- Assess producer activity; provide clarification to agency personnel about company's position in visits to assigned agencies consistent with experience.
- Conduct annual customer stewardship meetings with key accounts.
- Service large, specialized producers.
- Conduct annual planning meetings with assigned.
- Conduct quarterly stewardship meetings with key producers.
- Underwrite and manage a large book of business.
- Collaborate with supervisor or others on unusual cases.
- Collaborate with other team members on unique or unusual risks.
- Collaborate with premium audit and loss control as necessary.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- Bachelors' degree in Risk Management, Finance, Mathematics, Business or equivalent experience.
- Equivalent is defined as 4 years of relevant experience.
- At least 5 years-experience in commercial Insurance
- Advanced knowledge of Excess and Surplus is required.
- Must possess the ability to appropriately apply loss development and advanced loss analysis concepts to achieve optimal pricing of a risk.
- Must possess the ability to creatively utilize coverage features, deductibles, or reinsurance on individual risks to achieve company objectives.
- CPCU, ARM, or AU industry designations preferred.
- INS21, 22, and 23 or equivalent is a plus.
- Agency Management is a must.
- Requires strong math aptitude, excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Must possess knowledge of various computer programs, internet-based programs, and PC literate in the use of spreadsheets.
To qualify, applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require VISA sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment purposes.
IAT is the largest private, family- owned property and casualty insurer in the U.S. Insurance Answers Together is how we define IAT, in letter and in spirit. We work together to provide solutions for people and businesses. We collaborate internally and with our partners to provide the best possible insurance and surety options for our customers. It's about far more than being a workplace. We're a work family.
At IAT, our fundamental belief is to a create a culture where all employees are heard and have a sense of belonging. Inclusion and Diversity are not just initiatives, it's how we live. We're committed to driving and building an open and supportive culture. By embracing the uniqueness of our employees, investing in their development, listening to, and engaging their ideas, we are stronger as an organization.
Our employees propel IAT forward – driving innovation, stable partnerships and growth. That's why we continue to build an engaging workplace culture to attract and retain the best talent. We offer comprehensive benefits like:
- 26 PTO Days (Entry Level) + 12 Company Holidays = 38 Paid Days Off
- Healthcare and Wellness Programs
- Opportunity to earn performance-based bonuses
- 7% 401(k) Company Match and additional Profit Sharing
- College Loan Assistance Support Plan
- Educational Assistance Program
- Mentorship Program
- Dress for Your Day Policy
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and participate in E-Verify.
Come join the IAT family!
COVID 19 Statement:
IAT actively tracks COVID vaccination rates, possible symptoms, and cases across the organization so we can make informed decisions about workplace safety. As a result, while IAT does not require employees to be vaccinated, we will require anyone who is unvaccinated to be tested every Thursday and submit their negative test result by 9 am on Monday local time. All employees are required to log their vaccination record, if applicable, and attest daily to being symptom free before entering IAT offices.
Steve Morley | Senior Recruiter