Our client is a large global carrier that works with both retail and wholesale agents. Built on years of international literacy and operational knowledge, they are a powerhouse in the insurance industry. We are looking for an Environmental Casualty Underwriter to join their team.
Title: Environmental Casualty Underwriter
Location: Houston, Texas. Territory is TX, LA, OK, AR, and NM.
Overview: This professional will be responsible for the development, management, and growth of their book of business and will also be responsible for all aspects of portfolio management. This position handles WC, GL, Auto, Pollution, and Excess. The Underwriter will inherit a $5M book with an average account premium of $75,000.
- Analyze and underwriting of general liability, site pollution, contractor pollution liability, professional liability, auto liability, workers comp, and umbrella on new and renewal business.
- Determine degree of risk, specifying applicable endorsements and applying pricing to ensure overall profitable risk selection.
- Communicate with agents on matters pertaining to new and renewal submissions and service items.
- Provide clear instruction and guidance to rating and processing personnel.
- Maintain records and prepare required reports on activity and production.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2+ years of casualty underwriting experience. Pollution experience a plus.
- Knowledge of insurance rating, structure, forms, and coverages
- Strong MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills to include the ability to affirmatively close sales.
Pay: Contact Recruiter for more info.