Senior Analyst, Product Analysis
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
The US Product Delivery Monitoring Team is looking for an Analyst or Sr. Analyst of Product Analysis that will partner with stakeholders to analyze and inform the latest Business Lines pricing & underwriting programs for GRM US. This position offers the opportunity to be a direct and key contributor to GRM US profit and growth goals and help shape current and future pricing programs. You will be responsible for defining key metrics, analyzing & visualizing new product results, identifying key trends, maintaining communication & relationships with stakeholders across GRM, and informing future product rollouts. This position is open to candidates either seeking a hybrid or full-time eventual return to the Boston or Seattle office, or for employees seeking full-time remote work within the US.
**This is a ranged posting, grades 13-15. Position offered will be at manager discretion based on skills and experience.**
In this role, you can expect to:
- Fully own the top-line monitoring (hit ratio, premium levels, mix, et al) of a leading Business Line launch (e.g. Inland Marine, Simple BOP) to ensure product launched with excellence and inform broader organization of initial product results.
- Provides analysis & timely updates on product performance to key stakeholders including Director of State Operations, GRM US Leadership, Solutions, Modeling, Economics, and fellow Delivery team members.
- Collaborates with Data Strategy & Reporting and the Data Office to ensure the proper monitoring datasets and reports are available Day 1.
- Offers insights into the design and expectations of future product launches.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics; manipulates and understands the data at hand to tell a comprehensive and insightful story to a non-technical audience.
- Opportunity to develop new visuals, reports, and analytical techniques for use across GRM.
- Will become subject matter expert in one or more leading Business Line rollout(s).
- Takes an active role in onboarding and asking questions to gain complete understanding of the rollout process.
- Provides recommendations to training and processes to manager/mentor, with an eye to continued process improvement. May begin creating and updating training materials.
Ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
- Experience in data visualization software such as PowerBI or Tableau is a plus, but not required.
- Prior Business Lines experience is a plus, but not required.
- Must have proficient planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.
- Conducts moderate complexity product analysis under minimal supervision.
- As subject matter expert for assigned states, completes state reviews and similar work for basic states with minimal supervision or complex states with moderate supervision.
- Queries data to conduct ad hoc analysis of metrics.
- Serves as point person for moderate complexity country wide implementations.
- Serves as team member on medium-term or moderate complexity projects and may occasionally lead own work stream.
- Provides recommendations to training and processes to manager/mentor Provides analysis to help support business decisions.
- Provides thoughtful recommendations to state teams on pricing, strategy, etc.
- Conducts in depth research of competitor filings utilizing various sources.
- Research may be at the state, competitor or countrywide level.
- Based on strong understanding of how competitor actions impact marketplace, distribution channel and customers, proactively identifies and brings to attention to state teams and managers significant competitor filings.
- Contributes to the improvement and development of instructions and training materials. May begin creating and updating training materials.
- Actively shares job knowledge with less experienced analysts.
- Leads job shadow discussions with less experienced analysts.
- May be assigned to mentor a new hire, depending on experience.
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, or other quantitative field.
- Minimum 2 years, typically 3 years or more of relevant experience.
- Completion on product development program.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and data analysis software (e.g., SAS, Access).
- Must have good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making and communication skills.