Experienced Data Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list.
We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Experienced Data Engineer
At Liberty Mutual, technology isn't just a part of our business, it's what drives us forward. We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and deliver solutions.
As an experiencedData Engineerat Liberty Mutual, you'llconsult on highly complex projects and solve technical problems, while workingin an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
We're currently hiring Intermediate to advanced Data Engineers across Liberty Mutual Technology.
We encourage you to apply if this interests you:
- Work with a team committed to excellence
- Help bringData Engineeringoperations into the future
- Model and promote a Data First attitude
- Work with a modern tech stack
In this role you will:
- Work in a dynamic and exciting agile environment with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and team members to develop creative data-driven solutions that meet business and technical initiatives.
- Improve speed to market by focusing on current data needs as well as building out the long-term strategic data solutions.
- Design and develop programs and tools to support ingestion, curation and provisioning of complex enterprise data to achieve analytics, reporting, and data science.
- Demonstrate open minded and collaborative approach to creating innovative technical solutions.
- Analyze data and technical system problems to design and implement effective, flexible solutions.
- Handle end-to-end development, including coding, testing, and debugging during each cycle.
- Develop automated tests for multiple scopes (Unit, System, Integration, Regression).
- Mentor new and junior developers.
- Identify and recommend appropriate continuous improvement opportunities.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience, technical degree preferred
- Experience developing back end, data warehouse technology solutions
- Knowledge of a variety of data platforms such as: Teradata, DB2 (Cloud based DB a plus)
- Experience with AWS (such as: S3, Snowflake, Athena), Unix, Informatica & SQL
- Experience working with agile methodologies and cross-functional teams