Claim Supervisor/P&C Adjuster
Supervises technical staff and adjusts assigned files in accordance with Davies Claims Solutions claims procedures, client and carrier requirements and industry standards
- Responsible for technical supervision and training of claim adjusters and other related staff
- Responsible for a liability case load.
- May be responsible for adjusting and reviewing severe or litigated claims
- Responsible for performance reviews, coaching sessions, etc. with direct reports
- Responsible for contact and communication with clients
- Responsible for approval of payments/reserves within authority level
- Responsible for assisting with client relationships through attendance at presentations or meetings and by various forms of communication
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common medical data and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents
- Ability to respond to inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, boards of directors.
- Extensive knowledge of medical and legal terminology with a thorough understanding of legal principles
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to learn quickly and utilize new skills as a result of rapidly changing information and/or technology
- Required to work on-site with client in Plano, TX.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Should have 5-7 years liability claim adjusting experience; prefer college degree or must have equivalent business experience; excellent technical skills including coverage interpretations, settlement values, and litigation procedures; previous supervisor experience preferred.
Apply for Claim Supervisor/P&C Adjuster
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly