Senior Software Engineer
Would you like to be part of a team that is beginning its data driven journey? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating innovative solutions that will enable us to deliver valuable enhancements to Liberty Mutual employees across the globe. Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers, brokers and agents worldwide. As a software engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll apply your talents in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
Liberty Mutual Global Digital Services, End User Technology is actively searching for a Senior Software Engineer to be a part of our newly created Data Insights squad. This squad will be focused on capitalizing on the rich data we have available in our platforms to help our teams accelerate decisions, bring enhancements to market faster, and ultimately better serve our customers. If you are passionate about data and how it can shape products and services, then we'd like to talk with you.
As a full-stack developer, you will be working side by side with other engineers to design, develop and implement coding solutions to better understand our customers, accelerate decisions, and deliver enhancements faster. This role will focus on building a service which includes data collection and analysis that will enable teams to drive innovation and automation. The role includes analyzing and modifying existing software as well as designing, constructing, and testing end-user applications that meet user needs. The role also focuses on the complex and large software systems that make up the core systems for an organization.
Experience with Azure & AWS cloud-based tools is a priority, along with leveraging CICD pipelines and microservices to deliver performant data solutions. You will participate in the oversight for the technical integrity of these systems, while ensuring solutions address business needs and align with market and industry trends. This role requires solid interpersonal skills and an understanding of predictive modeling. The team consists of a healthy mix of skills and seniority and this role will play a vital role in driving the continuous learning for the team through mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Responsible for application development for the full lifecycle of software.
- Identify and assess new technologies prior to implementation.
- Responsible for the development and execution of project plans.
- Responsible for the analysis, development and execution of data analysis and data integration solutions, in order to manage the information lifecycle needs of an organization.
- Works from specifications to develop or significantly modify highly complex software, applications, and programs. Develops and/or modifies effective, defect free source code that meets business requirements and team standards.
- Seen as a technical expert within the team, this role analyzes complex technical problems and provides solutions. May mentor junior team members.
- Participates in unit test case development and develops complex test scripts. Executes all levels of testing (System, Integration, and Regression).
- Actively participates in and often leads peer development and code reviews within each Agile sprint, with focus on test driven development and Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CICD).
- Designs and builds data provisioning workflows/pipelines, physical data schemas, extracts, data transformations, and data integrations and/or designs using ETL and API microservices to deliver payloads to and from AI/ML models and integrated systems
- Builds data architecture and applications that enable reporting, analytics, data science, and data management and improve accessibility, efficiency, governance, processing, and quality of data.
- This role analyzes complex technical problems and is expected to recommend process improvements that address complex technology gaps within a single business process and improve data reliability, quality, and efficiency. Contributes technical alternatives.
- Continuously learning to maintain strong knowledge of technology enablers
- Provides successful deployment and provisioning of data driven solutions to production or other required environments.
- Bachelor degree or relevant experience in technical or business discipline. Generally, 3+ years of professional software or data engineering experience.
- Highly proficient in data engineering languages and tools, and strong proficiency in general programming languages and frameworks; ability to develop on multiple platforms.
- Strong understanding of AWS and/or Azure technologies
- Strong understanding of Python, ETL
- Strong understanding of RESTful API development, Oauth authentication and endpoints
- Extensive understanding of agile data engineering concepts and processes, such as CICD, pipelines, and iterative development and deployments.
- Experience with data visualization applications such as Tableau or Power BI is a plus
- Strong negotiation, facilitation and consensus building skills.
- Strong collaboration, prioritization, and adaptability skills required
- Strong oral and written communication skills; presentation skills.
- Versed in diverse technologies and new technical architecture principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated knowledge in layered systems architectures solutions and designs and shared data engineering concepts.
- Must be proactive and self-driven, demonstrated initiative and be a logical thinker.
- Proven consultative skills, including the ability to understand and apply customer requirements, including drawing out unforeseen implications and making recommendations for design, the ability to define design reasoning, understanding potential impacts of design requirements.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.