Senior Administrative Specialist
Performs varied administrative duties for one or more managers and/or unit or department. While Senior Administrative Specialists perform some of same duties (handling phones, coordinating meetings, maintaining documents, etc.) as administrative assistants/associates, they spend more time on providing advanced operational support and assignments often require ingenuity, business knowledge and judgment. Responsibilities will include assisting with more complex data collection, budget administration, database management, as well as preparing both standard and ad hoc reports, spreadsheets, and presentations of varying complexity.
- Compiles, updates, organizes and analyzes complex information for inclusion in huddle boards, reports, budgets, presentations and/or customer packages prepares charts, graphs, or other presentations of varying complexity.
- Administers programs, projects and/or processes specific to the business area supported.
- Answers, screens and routes telephone calls. Resolves routine and non-routine administrative problems and answers inquiries. Greets and directs visitors, as appropriate, concerning activities and operations of department/ division.
- Arranges meetings and conferences, schedules appointments and performs other duties related to maintaining one or more individual calendars. Coordinates travel arrangements, ensuring efficient usage of time. Manages small scale event planning. Processes related expenses.
- Maintains/updates staffing lists, organizational charts, employee contact information, department newsletter, etc. Assists with new hire setup/onboarding and training coordination. May act as office/department safety contact and provide support to business continuity work.
- Receives and responds to correspondence (some of which may be confidential) proofreads, revises and edits other materials for accuracy, thoroughness and appropriateness.
- Provides support to compliance-related work, to include records retention, reconciliation, and auditing work.
- Prepares, organizes, maintains and retrieves documents, to include scanning and online archiving.
- Sorts, screens, and distributes incoming and outgoing mail prepares photocopies, and operates a variety of office equipment. May order and maintain supplies.
- Demonstrated ability to apply advanced administrative skills, business acumen and an in-depth
knowledge of business operations to perform duties that are varied and complex at times.
- Consistently demonstrates polished interpersonal, organizational and communication skills; independently resolves
most issues and often serves as the go-to person for others in the unit.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment to manage competing priorities and work with minimal direction. Advanced level of skill
required in using software applications (MS Office) to design, format and edit both standard and complex
documents for presentations and reports.
- Typically requires a minimum 4 years of administrative experience, which may include successful completion of an administrative assistant certificate program.
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.