Solutions Engineer, Software - GDS Application Platforms
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT onIDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Do you have the skillsand driveto join a tech team that's working to digitally transform a trillion-dollar industry? From test-driving the latest technologies to creating intuitive consumer apps, Liberty Mutual is constantly innovating and creating industry-leading solutions that provide peace of mind for our customers worldwide. As a solutions engineer at Liberty Mutual, you'll be responsible for guiding the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plans and long-term strategies, while working in an agile environment that has the creative energy of a start-upand the full backing and comprehensive benefits of a Fortune 100 company.
As a Solutions Engineer within GDS Application Environments, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to ensure we are deploying secure, recoverable, enterprise data management vendor products across the organization. You will partner with Product Owners and Engineers to build competencies and identify tools, platforms and strategies that enable engineers and teams efficiently use our data management products.
About the Role:
- Collaborate with development teams and architects to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to data management, and technical and product architectures.
- Develops clear, comprehensive testing technical architectures which support current and future directions; makes recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness; reviews major architectural designs to ensure consistency, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested scope; models solutions according to architecture, technology and standards.
- Investigates and forecasts business and IT trends to define the technical direction when needed
- Depicts highly complex ideas, issues and designs to varied audiences; communicates opportunities for improvement and potential solutions.
- Investigates and makes final recommendations on new tools and techniques; collaborates on hardware/software evaluations
- Provide relevant technical coaching and support to team members
- Develop frameworks for benchmarking skills and establishing technical competency standards for roles and levels
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years related experience. In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, and methodologies.
- Demonstrated success in building infrastructure in the public cloud and deploying through CI/CD pipelines, utilizing technologies such as AWS CloudFormation Templates, YAML, Python, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes; cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud.
- Experience building non-cloud native vendor products in AWS, Azure or GCP
- An ability to code in multiple languages, including an object-oriented language.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software and infrastructure engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.