Director, Data Science - GRM Advanced Analytics & Modeling
At Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession. We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that support your life and well-being. To learn more, please visit https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/about-lm/careers/benefits
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work® US for the past several years. We were also selected as one of the 100 Best Places to Work in IT on IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. We have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New Graduatesas well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity. To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion please visit: https://jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/diversity-inclusion
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Within GRM US Insights and Solutions, the Advanced Analytics & Modeling (AA&M) group leads the development and delivery of predictive analytics tools and insights to enable data-driven strategic decision-making. This includes the application of AI and machine learning (ML) techniques to achieve business plans. Team TIGER is one AA&M team supporting GRM US Claims. TIGER is looking for a Director II, Data Science, who will apply expert level of data science techniques to solve business issues, manage and drive the key developments. This experienced data science manager will help the team scale up computer vision, NLP and many other advanced AI modeling technologies with data scientists and ML engineers.
This Director II, Data Science role is expected to:
- Lead a team of data scientists in team TIGER.
- Identify new strategic opportunities for use of theoretical methods and tools.
- Apply forward looking thinking to inform methodological advancement.
- Drive innovation in the application and development of tools and practices such as computer vision, NLP, and cutting-edge model deployment solutions.
- Be responsible for highly technical, customized and difficult to develop tools which are transformative in nature and have broad strategic impact to the SBU.
- Mine large data sets using sophisticated analytical techniques to generate insights and inform business decisions.
- Identify and test hypotheses, ensuring statistical significance, and builds predictive models for business application.
- Translate quantitative analyses and findings into accessible visuals for non technical audiences, providing a clear view into interpreting the data.
- Enable the business to make clear trade offs between and among choices, with a reasonable view into likely outcomes.
- Be responsible for highly technically complex projects that drive change across function, SBU or Corporate Department.
- Guide aspects of project design as a technical consultant for the team.
- Be active technical project lead (strategic). Customizes analytic solutions to specific client needs.
- Shape the data science community and leads cross functional working groups.
- Deep knowledge of predictive analytic techniques and statistical diagnostics of models.
- Expert knowledge of predictive toolset.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to establish and build relationships within and outside the organization.
- Ability to give effective training and presentations to management, executives and other groups.
- Ability to use results of analysis to persuade team, department management or senior management to a particular course of action.
- Deep knowledge of business drivers and market context.
- Has a value driven perspective with regard to understanding of work context and impact.
Competencies typically acquired through a Ph.D. degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific field of study) and 4 years of relevant experience, a Master`s degree (scientific field of study) and 8 years of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor`s degree(scientific field of study) and 12 years of relevant experience. Deep knowledge of deep learning, CV, NLP is preferred.